Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Feeler: Accugroove Tri 208

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by tombowlus, Dec 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I really never thought I would sell this cab, but I'm starting to face the reality that I just can't fit any more gear into my house! :bawl: So, I need to sell some things to make room for more! :p If I have some interest in this cab, and it could go to someone who would use it, I'd be willing to pass it on. But, I'm certainly not adverse to keeping this little beauty, and it doesn't take up that much room! ;)

The Accugroove Tri 208 is a relatively rare beast. Only 10 of them were made, and the idea was for it to be a "studio reference" kind of cab. It sounds very good, but to be honest, it does not get very loud. I do find it to be very articulate, and as Accugroove uses this same midrange and tweeters in all of their cabs, on a relative scale, this cab has more upper mids and highs than the larger Accugroove cabs (which have more powerful woofers).

At one point I had two of these, but it turns out that two are not a whole lot louder than one, and the tone is pretty consistent (one cab versus two). This particular cab was bought new from Low Down Sound. It does have a mark on one of the rear edges where it looks like something fell into it and made an indentation into the wood. This did not compromise the box in any way, and it functions perfectly. I will try to find some pictures of this mark (or take new ones, if I can't find it).

Here is a shot of the two Tri 208's. This one is the one on top, but I swapped grills when I sold the one on the bottom, so this cab has the grill without a badge (you can definitely get one from Mark if you want one):

[​IMG]

As I mentioned, I'm not really bursting at the seams to let this cab go. I'd like to get $650, shipped, for it, and I would consider trades, but prefer cash (or MO, or Paypal). Offers welcome.

Thanks for looking!

Happy Holidays, Tom.

2. Damn dude! sweet rig

3. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Wow. That's one heck of a rig.

I am in awe.

4. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Tom! don't sell, buy a new house.... ;)

5. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
  6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hehe,

you guys obviously havent seen his other rigs... ;)

7. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    I didn't know you ever had a 208. I talked to Dave (I think...he is joint owner of AccuGroove) a couple weeks ago and he said 5 were made. What is the price drop to? One of them is here in Houston.

8. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I had two at one point in time, but according to Mark Wright, there were ten of them made.

Tom.

P.S.

The price drop is reflected in the edited first post. Offers are welcome, though.

9. azflyman

azflyman

Apr 24, 2004
    Astoria, OR
    Buy a bigger house:smug:

az

10. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    LOL! Actually, I really am considering renting some space to store equipment, jam, have band practice, and generally serve as a 'guy's hangout.' :p

Tom.

11. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    Out of room? You've got at least a couple more feet to the ceiling. :D

12. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    Hey Tom, I've got room at my house if you want to start an annex! I'll have to do some searching for "better" carpeting though!:D

13. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Actually, more like 6-8" when it's all packed. :eek:

14. seaKamp

seaKamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    Any soul that rags on the carpet is a traitor of Bowlusbassopia and must be beheaded!!!!! :spit:

15. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Tom's house already is pretty big! :)

16. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    LOL, no wonder you haven't been in any hurry for me to bring the HT-212 back yet :)

Actually, I took her out for another spin tonight, since my truck is dead AGAIN, and the 810 wont fit too well in the wifes car :D

Bump for a great cab, and a great seller! PS, let me know when I should drop off the berg, and THANKS for the opportunity!

17. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    No problem! If you still have a use for it, feel free to hang onto it for a while. :)

18. youngheo

youngheo

Jul 30, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    i wonder how they sound with upright..

have you ever played with upright?

19. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Actually, I do consider this to be an excellent upright cab. In fact, it makes more sense to me for upright than for electric. The lows are not exagerrated in any way, and it has smooth, thick detail, which really translates well on upright.

Tom.

20. youngheo

youngheo

Jul 30, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Can you please tell me about dimensions of this cab?

weight, too...

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.