1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FEELER: American Precision Deluxe V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Shelly, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelly

Shelly

Jul 12, 2006
    Brighton, Michigan
    Hi,

I'm still trying to decidie if I keep this, so this thread may or may not disappear. More pics later.

2006 MIA Precision DLX V. Cherryburst. I think this is an alder body. Maple neck, pau ferro fingerboard. Great shape except for paint peeling from a small spot near the neck pocket (pics of that when I get home). Comes with a hardshell case that is difficult to close due to the latches not lining up properly, but case is basically fine. I'm thinking $1050.00 shipped. Not interested in any trades. PM's offering trades WILL BE IGNORED.

Attached Files:

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I say keep it. Letting go of mine is something I regret moreso than any bass I have let of in the last five or six years. Heck, they discontinued too, so it is already a collector's piece, IMO.

3. Antti

Antti

Oct 26, 2007
    Finland
    What you think you can have by selling this bass. If you don't know what you want from your next bass and you do not know exactly how to get, keep this bass. Later you will feel sorry if you let this one go. It doesn't get much better than this.

4. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    That board is pau ferro, by the way.

5. Weshunter413

Weshunter413

May 6, 2009
    Hickory NC
    dude I would take that off your hands if I didn't already have the same bass in the same color. So with the experience I can say this is the BEST bass I have ever owned. (and I've owned ALOT). Good luck with whatever you want to do with it. If it's not making you happy then I Know it will make someone else happy.

6. Shelly

Shelly

Jul 12, 2006
    Brighton, Michigan
    Sure is...I alway forget. Still on the fence with this one. I'm going to gig it this weekend.

7. Is this the 4+1 headstock or the 5 in line headstock?

8. Shelly

Shelly

Jul 12, 2006
    Brighton, Michigan
    4+1

9. Is there an Active/Passive Switch on this model?

10. Shelly

Shelly

Jul 12, 2006
    Brighton, Michigan
    No...woulda been nice!

11. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    I'm sittin' here thinking 'That's a nice piece of ash'.;)

These are 34" scale right? What is the spacing at the bridge and width @ the nut?

12. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yep, 18mm, and 1.875” (47.6 mm).

13. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    So far, so good!

Shelly, how heavy is it? And can you really get a P sound out of an active setup?

14. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I sold my Am Dlx P earlier this summer. Regretted it immediately. Luckily, sold it to a friend, so I bought it straight back. Fender's best bass, ever, and with a 5 string, even better. You're gonna regret this one. Just sayin'. Good luck, anyway, free bump for an awesome bass, (that you should keep).

15. Shelly

Shelly

Jul 12, 2006
    Brighton, Michigan
    U guys are sumthin' else! I'm gigging it tomorrow night...we'll see what happens. Thanks for the TB concern.

16. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yeah, you wanna' hear something funny? This one:

adp5.

...is also my second one. I had one about 6 years ago, sold it, and missed it bad enough to go out and get a new one JUST before the last of the available stock ran out in 2007 (mine's also an '06 with the cute little badge on the back).

I keep telling myself I can part with it, as I'm trying to find ways to thin my herd a bit (as you know), but each time I get it out, I can't do it. :) It takes a truly great setup and sounds/plays great.

17. Well it gives me Wood - so I would say she's a Keeper. But ya have to do what ya have to do - there are two or three that I had to let go that I wish I kept. Such is life! Good luck - sweet looking axe.

18. Wow love that!

19. Shelly

Shelly

Jul 12, 2006
    Brighton, Michigan
    Well, I guess this one will be staying with me

/thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.