feeler.. anyone want to rout a jag bass body?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Evanforbass, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Evanforbass

Evanforbass Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Denver, CO
    i'm interested in putting together a jaguar bass with some alternative specs to the all the ones Fender has put out, mainly different pickup routing (thinking Serek singles at the moment), passive, alder, string thru body. same body shape and control routing (though no preamp/battery). I'm think I'd like it unfinished then sent to MJT for finishing, but I'm also open to it being finished by the builder? shaper?. I've checked with MJT, Saylor, Warmoth, USCG, and maybe another, and none of them do a jag bass body. Any TBer luthier-type interested in a project like this, or recommendations for someone who might do this (hopefully at a not-too-steep price?)
    cheers!

Attached Files:

2. Jebberz

Jebberz Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Quebec city
    Warmoth does a Jazzmaster bass body, which is very similar,m, if not almost identical, to a Jaguar body.

3. Beej

Beej

Feb 10, 2007
    Vancouver Island
    Easiest and cheapest maybe to purchase an existing body, and then have it custom routed and finished to your specifications.

4. pudge

pudge

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    Here's my warmoth jazzmaster,this happens to have a p bass pickup.There are some "in stock" from $165.00 w/ j bass pickup routs t IMG_5591.JPG hat could be modified easily enough or prder one to your liking.

Matt Liebenau and Evanforbass like this.
  5. Evanforbass

Feb 3, 2016
    Denver, CO
    thanks everyone. I think the Warmoths are a little bit off from the Fender Jag body but it may be the best option

6. Evanforbass

Feb 3, 2016
    Denver, CO
    Hey how does a jag pickguard fit on this? Like it should? I saw another post with the jazz master body that was way off with the pickguard. That was 7 years ago though
    how

7. pudge

pudge

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    I'll take a pic w/ the black and white pearloid 'guards on it tomm morning.

8. BBKINGBASS

BBKINGBASS

Nov 13, 2009
    Philly
    I got mine from warmoth unfinished and did my own pickup routing. I’m very happy with the quality I got from them.

Attached Files:

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 23, 2022