Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Feeler: Benavente SC-B 5 String Fretless FS/T

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jobu3, Oct 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Buckeye burl top. Mahogany body. Three piece maple neck-through. Ebony unlined board.

Benavente pick-ups and preamp. 3-way active preamp(cut/boost/bass is boost only) Active passive push/pull. Piezo bridge. Incase semi-hard shell case fitted for the bass.

I'm the original owner. Purchased new and received in Feb. of this year. This bass was featured at NAMM this past winter.

I love this bass and I really hate to list it but financial circumstances have come up and I need some money.

I'm asking $2600 OBRO. I will entertain trades of middle to the higher end of the road. Trades are preferably unlined freteless basses and definitely don't have maple fretboards. 4 or 5 strings are cool. Laklands, Warwicks, Alembics, MIA Fenders, etc.

Run what you have by but be prepared to add substantial cash. Shipping is to the 48 only. Serious offers only.

Pictures: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=4393075&uid=2208240&members=1

Nothing else in the pix is for sale and is most likely gone already. Email me or PM for questions and/or serious offers.

2. Dang, that's purdy. If only it were fretted...

3. MattFoxx

MattFoxx Banned

Oct 24, 2005
  4. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    All PM's returned... Thanks for the interest so far!

More info:
    It's 35" scale. Has a brass nut. Recessed strap locks and input jack. There are side dots with fretlines on the side (as if a lined board was installed backwards). It balances very well strapped and lapped and it isn't all that heavy. I think it's about 9 lbs. but I don't have an accurate enough scale to get a precse reading. I have a bad neck and back and this bass has never been anything but comfy cozy.

I am the original owner and I had it custom-built for me.

5. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Bump for one of my favorite people to buy/sell gear to on TB.

Joe is an awesome guy, don't believe me? Believe his feedback. :D This bass is GORGEOUS!

6. [​IMG]

our basses are brothers, mine's the wenge sc next to yours.

BUMP.....

7. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Traded... :bawl: :crying: :scowl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.