For Trade FEELER - Custom Stambaugh 6 String (Trade for 7 String)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Symphony2040, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Symphony2040

Symphony2040 See you later darling... Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    0001.png

This is the BEST bass that I have ever played and is quite frankly, one of the most beautiful that I have ever seen. Please see this thread for my detailed impressions of this beauty, as well as more detailed pictures: NBD!! Custom Stambaugh - Beautiful Koa top

This bass has a MASSIVE sound, with a thunderous low B and piano-like clarity in all areas of the fingerboard. The tonal range on this instrument is outstanding and exhibits so much color, but what really moves me the most about it is its dynamic range and responsiveness. I have absolutely no interest in selling this bass, as I know for a fact that it would be a huge mistake and I would regret it.

WITH THAT SAID...I have some specific needs for the type of music that I play and do not want to have to keep changing strings/tunings. I am currently saving and planning for a custom build. However, before putting any money down on something else, I figured that it wouldn't hurt to see what's out there. That, and I am trying to fish out specific owners. Other than my NBD thread, here are some specs:

- 35 Inch scale, 22 frets
    - 17mm string spacing
    - Chambered Figured Walnut body
    - 5 piece maple and koa neck, with neckthrough construction
    - Figured Koa Top
    - Gaboon ebony fingerboard and nut with detailed, abalone and pearl vine inlay (Inlay is also present on the truss rod cover)
    - Hidden Aero MM pickup in the matching koa ramp
    - TCM 3 P preamp by Noll Electronic with passive mode (Push/pull volume knob)
    - Black Hipshot A Style Peizo Bridge by Graphtec
    - Black Hipshot ultralite tuners
    - Recessed Dunlop strap locks
    - High gloss finish
    - Weight: 9.1 lbs
    - Custom case included
    - Condition: Excellent (Minor, light scratches that are hardly noticeable. There is some minor belt wear on the back of the instrument from the original owner).

035.png
    41.png
    033.png
    001.png
    0002.png
    0005.png
    003.png

Now, here is one particular bass that I am really, really looking for. Does anyone own this Warwick 7 String Corvette $$?

#1 - Warwick Corvette $$ #17-3514 - Spalted Maple Burl Top

warwick71.png

If I could be more specific, I am really looking for these things:

- 7 String basses only. BUT...I am also looking for this specific bass by Wilser Ramirez. If anyone has the bass below and would like to trade, please let me know.

wilser ramirez.jpg

- I am only interested in 7 string basses that can be tuned from a low B to a high F. I am not really interested in anything higher than a high F, or anything lower than a B. I do not want to have to make any modifications to the nut or anything.

- Specifically looking for 34" in scale length, but I am open to 35" 7 string basses.

Only serious offers/trades of course. Again, I have zero interest in selling this bass for money. Just looking for a nice 7 string bass for a fair trade.

Please feel free to PM me with any interest.

Thank you so much!!! :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021 at 8:28 PM
    gscroggin, feschyn, CJC6 and 3 others like this.
  2. SeayBass

SeayBass Supporting Member

I can't trade a bass you want, but if you change your mind about trading it for money, PM me.

Symphony2040 likes this.
  3. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    A great testament to the builder, that is a stunning bit of craftsmanship, I wish it were a 5 with wider string spacing because it would be mine already. GLWTS/ trade

Symphony2040 likes this.
  4. Symphony2040

Aug 7, 2008
    Opening this one again for consideration.

satchelbaglio likes this.
  5. Hankenstein

Hankenstein Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Piermont, New York
    That is just beautiful!

Symphony2040 likes this.
  6. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Yeow. Another beauty from Chris.
    You're gonna miss it. Lol

Symphony2040 likes this.
  7. this is so odd - i swear i'm not making this up.

I'm a 6 string guy. really good 6 strings that tick all of my boxes don't pop up all that often for sale used.

I remember the first time this bass sold here. the original owner was a military musician who was retiring if i recall correctly.

i just thought of this bass *this morning* because i remember wishing i'd jumped on it then.

wow!! beauty. those inlays, that top wood, what a killer.

31HZ, Stewart13, CJC6 and 1 other person like this.
  8. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    if this was a 33 or 34 I'd have pulled the trigger already!

Symphony2040 likes this.
  9. burgerdj

burgerdj

Dec 4, 2006
    Chris is my favorite custom builder. Great example of his work. GLWTS

Symphony2040 likes this.
  10. Symphony2040

Aug 7, 2008
    Description updated. If anyone has that 6 string Wilser Ramirez and would like to trade, please let me know! :)

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021