1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 'Feeler' For Bill Fitzmaurice Design Cabs For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by joegeezer, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    I am thinking of going into a franchised business, selling Bill Fitzmaurice Design Bass and PA cabs. The preferred Bass set-up seems to be the DR250, and Tuba24 cabs as a set, however there are plenty of guys using the Omni10s, Omni12s, and Onmi15s, as stand alone cabs too. I am just putting out a feeler for who would be interested in the purchase of them, and which ones, and would you want to buy them as raw wood cabs, un-loaded, that you finish, or would you want to buy them finished, ready to plug and play? There are speaker options available, but most all will be Eminence loaded.Take into consideration here that an Omni10, with two tens, puts out like a 4-10 bottom, and Omni 12s, with one 12 and an 8, put out like a 2-15 bottom,with more bottom end, and the DR250-Tuba24 combination, puts out like an 8-10 or more, with much more bottom end, with just a ten inch speaker in each cab, with just 500 watts pushing the two of them! Let me know which cabs you would be interested in, and if you are looking to buy them finished or un-finished. If the response is good here, I will up-grade to a commercial seller on this site, and begin the process of manufacturing and selling these cabs here on Talkbass. They are the Cats-Meow, of cabs, out performing anything else on the market today! Be the first kid on your block to rattle everything off your 'neighbors' shelves! Give me your input here! Thanks Joegeezer.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    you might want to rethink it... this post (with include 'pitch') is quite spammy IMO.

maybe if worded differently the question might fit in amps

3. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    i don't agree that this is spammy. It's informative. Where can I find out more info?

4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I'm with James on that. Fishing expition or market research, take your pick but it really ought to be over in the amps section until there is something to sell and then given the commercial nature of it, the Commercial for sale forum.

5. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    I am not in the business yet, nor selling anything, only thinking of doing it.I am not trying to step on anybodys toes at all, only trying to see if it's a feasible venture. I don't see as to where I am hurting anybody, or anybodys sales of anything. it only a survey of members here to see if they want to get there hands on the best cabs they can get. If i get blown off on this one, then I am sure that this site is biased to the amp manufacturing companies , and will give up on it all together. I'm just a guy who lives on a farm, and on social sercurity, who plays bass , and is trying to give my skills to the rest of the bass players out here. I will buy a commercial up-grade to this site, if and when I decide to go into the business of selling these cabs. That has not happened yet, I am only looking for who MAY be interested in buying them. Gee's give an old guy a break here.

6. Michael Vee

Michael Vee Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Joe, go for it. You should be able to sell more than a few of the Omni cabs, for sure.

IMHO, since Joe stated he'd be upgrading to commercial seller status on TalkBass if there is enough interest in his building the cabs on the front end, it's cool by me if he wants to gauge the interest on the front end. That's supporting TalkBass -always a good thing - and giving musicians access to the unconventional, high-performing Fitzmaurice cabinets. He won't be competing with any dealers.

7. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    Waiting for Tommix to chime in!!!!!!:bag:

8. spindizzy

spindizzy

Apr 12, 2004
    Michigan
    Joe,

I applaud your effort. As a communications proffessional I can tell you that the wording in your original post was indeed well thought out and certainly I didn't take it as an unreasonable feeler for an interesting business idea. I noticed, after researching the fellow you mentioned as providing the design, that you are also not the only person out there who is providing construction services for building these cabs. You are, as near as I can see, the only one willing to find a possible outlet that isn't based on word of mouth or the simple recommendation by the cab designer of possible build vendors.

This is a tough market with an awful lot of options offered by bigger names and funded with true marketing budgets. Finding a wider audience for your efforts is simply good business. If you find customers and you build a good product at a price that lines up well with the value of your product than the only thing left is to find an audience.

I think that TalkBass would be a great start but carefully consider all the aspects of your business model before you get started. Understand how you will price you products, how you will facilitate getting the best price on raw materials, figure out exactly how much time and effort it will take to build each one and give that a cost as well. Most important determine what your unique value proposition is going to be and how you are going to communicate that to your prospective customers. It isn't enough these days to just build a better mousetrap you have to have a good solid business plan and out of that a good solid marketing plan.

I hope that you give this a try because it is trying that makes us better people. I also hope that you consider talking to other folks who have started their own business successfully as they, regardless of what business it was, can help you with the basics. Like the others in this thread at this point I see no problem with your post until you rise to the point of having a commercial endevor that would disqualify you by the rules of this board.

Good luck and good business.

Spin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.