Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD FEELER/FT Hoyt Custom 4 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JoshB, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

I don't know if I want to let this go yet, but I've been gravitating more and more to my other bass as of late, even after Tom's GTG where most raved about this bass. I'm just wanting to try new things I guess...

That said...the specs on the bass are as follows...

Body: top and bottom layers of spalted maple, front and back veneers of 1/16” purpleheart, a core of cherry: The core has chambers installed in it to help in keeping the bass light as well as adding to the punch of the bass. The control cover is made pf purpleheart as well. It balances extremely well.

Neck: Maple neck with Indian Rosewood fingerboard. 22 medium frets: Matching spalted maple faceplate, side position markers. Slightly asymmetrical ‘c’ shaped neck: 1-9/16” at the nut, 2-3/8” at the heel. Ebony nut. The finish was hand rubbed...it feels GREAT to play on!! Very effortless moving up and down the neck. Karl's neck on this bass is simply amazing to me. One of the best I've ever owned.

Electronics: Kent Armstrong humbuckers, Bartolini NTBT with volume, blend, bass and treble controls. Pickup placement is about ¼” north of standard Fender pickup placement. The Armstrongs will surprise you. The variety of tones is amazing! If you are a fingerstyle player...this is your bass! Slappers...eh...I can't tell you much and I can't slap worth a lick. Any of you guys who slapped this plank at Tom's want to chime in here?

Hardware: Hipshot type A bridge in black, Hipshot ultralight ‘y’ shaped tuning keys in black, black dome knobs, and black panel type jack. Black recessed neck mounting ferrules and black screws. Black Schaller string locks although I don't have them.

Pictures of the bass are up at http://www.redletter7.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=12. The bass comes with an almost new Ritter gig bag or a hsc, or both depending on the deal.

I'm interested in trying something new...make a trade offer. I'm not really into selling this outright, so please don't ask unless you have cash in hand and are dead set on buying it. Thanks!

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Want a jazz?

J/K, maybe...

hey, when are we gonna get together for that M-80 tryout, and also, did you ever trade of the 'wick?

3. JoshB

I'll pass on the jazz since I traded that warwick for a Marcus Miller jazz. As far as the m-80 goes...I already traded that and the micro amp for a Bmax SS...sorry man.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Eh, you stink.

I do want to hear that MM before you end up trading that thing off.

5. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I can't believe it. It's a sickness. A disease. ;)

+1 on the MM. :)

6. JoshB

Yea yea yea...bump to the first page.

7. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    pm sent

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Somebody grab this. If I had something to trade Boobie, I'd do it in a second. It's a good looking, good playing, good sounding bass.

9. tjoTim

tjoTim

Apr 30, 2002
    Ohio, U.S.A
    I remember this from the GTG. Snappy sound, plays nice, and it turns heads.

10. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    This Hoyt is, by far, one of the most aggressive sounding finger style basses I have ever heard... ever. IMHO, it'll give ANY Warwick serious competition for cutting thru any stage mix, but also IMHO, with a better sound. I like Warwicks, but this Hoyt has something different going on that I REALLY like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.