Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Feeler - FT: Nice American P Look at Pics!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Quadzilla, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Update: - Trade Completed (my P plus $300 = sweet blue G&L L-2500, hope it was a fair deal!)

Nice American P. Not perfect but in damn good shape. Beautiful sunburst. String thru body bridge. All original (no mods, except for a SWEET pearloid pick guard). Fender full size case USA case (by SKB). Click on pics. Interested in nice 5 string basses (no junk). Would consider my P + cash for your nice 5 string. I don't have a ton of cash, so keep that in mind when making offers. I'm not at all pressed to part with it. I'll only consider nice offers. Oh, the bass could use a MINOR setup. Nothing major at all. Bass has a FEW minor surface scuffs on back/sides (yes this has been played, it's not a museum piece for christ sakes). Probably could be rubbed out (again, very minor scuffing to the point where they won't show up in the pics)

My classified feedback on TB thus far---> Click Me
    (Plus I have 77 buy and sell 100% positive feedbacks on Ebay, look up Ebay ID Quadzilla69 on Ebay and no this is NOT on Ebay yet)

Click on pics to make them bigger!

2. Quadzilla

Pics...

3. Quadzilla

Pics 3

4. Quality

Quality

May 7, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    Very nice indeed. And a string thru USA. Sweet.
    Question: how do you wind your strings on the posts? Looks a little unconventional?

5. Quadzilla

Thanks Quality! Read about it online somewhere. Somebody said it would help prevent slippage (not that this bass has EVER had a problem with that). Maybe they were wrong?

6. Quality

Quality

May 7, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    I read that too but mainly for a strat.
    My rule is 3 1/4" past the post, through the post and tune, usually if the humidity stays constant it will stay stable for at least a month. If the humidity changes it's usually within a couple cent.
    seriously, if I had a five worth trading, I would be there. All I have is a couple year old Peavy Fury five (kind of lakeland style) which I don't think even comes close to what your looking for. My prime is a Brian Moore five which isn't going nowhere. Also have the MK five but I think you're all set there.

7. Quadzilla

Thanks for your interest, compliments, pointers and the bump Quality! ;)

8. would you just sell the bass? and if so how much?

9. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    I have never had the problems with any wound strings slipping (including guitar wound strings) that I had with plain guitar strings.

Sweet bass.

10. Quadzilla

Bumper...