Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Feeler: G&L L2500 Natural

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lorenzini, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    My G&L. My beloved G&L. I need money and I need to fund a keyboard purchase (as I'm actually a professional pianist) so I'm putting my awesome G&L up for sale!!!

I don't know if I want to do this, so that's why I put put feeler. It's a natural finished ash/rosewood bass, 5 strings, with a thunderous B string. It was sold to me by fellow TBer Roscoe5 and he attested it was the best G&L he's ever played. I'd have to agree. Punchy as hell and wonderful tone. It's absolutely mint and gets lower action than my Lakland, Carvin and Yammie TRB6P.

Check out pictures here: www.picturetrail.com/lorenzini

EDIT: Decided I will let this go for $450. And it includes an awesome G&L Gig Bag.

EDIT: On HOLD waiting for funds!

EDIT: SOLD to Leep!

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I think used USA L2500's go for about $700-$800.
    btw you're killin' me cause yours is just like the one I stupidly traded away about 6 months ago and I have no cash or I'd snap it up. anyway bump for a great bass.

3. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Sorry. It's a Tribute!

4. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    Tributes go for 4-450.00 normall on ebay. New they are selling for under 6 bills. Great basses!

Dan

5. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Yes, they are wonderful basses! Tell you friends :)

6. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Then I'll let this one go for $450 cause it's the nicest one I've ever played.

7. Weight?

8. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I'd guess 8.5-9 lbs but I don't know for certain. It's lighter than my TRB6p but heavier than my Lakland 55-02.

9. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    OK...since I have a Lakland 55-01, and I know how it compares to a 55-02...how does the G&L sound compare to the 55-02? Seems to me it would be a bit more aggressive. Hotter even?

10. LeeP

LeeP

Aug 22, 2002
    Frankfort, KY
    PM sent

11. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Definitely hotter/more aggressive than the 55-02. I own a 55-02 and they compliment eachother well. Just needin' the money.

If I were a rock, rock-funk, reggae type player I would keep the L2500. Unfortunately, the only gigs I can get are jazz, latin and jazz-funk gigs and it doesn't suit ME for that. Others could probably get away with it, not me.

12. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    any interest in a MIA Fender Jazz V (passive)? You'd probably have to throw in some cash or another item. :)

13. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Sorry. Many basses little money. I'm out to sell!

14. you have a p.m.

15. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Bass is on hold. Waiting for funds to ship out!

16. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    SOLD! To LeeP!