1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Feeler: G&L L2500 Natural

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lorenzini, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    My G&L. My beloved G&L. I need money and I need to fund a keyboard purchase (as I'm actually a professional pianist) so I'm putting my awesome G&L up for sale!!!

I don't know if I want to do this, so that's why I put put feeler. It's a natural finished ash/rosewood bass, 5 strings, with a thunderous B string. It was sold to me by fellow TBer Roscoe5 and he attested it was the best G&L he's ever played. I'd have to agree. Punchy as hell and wonderful tone. It's absolutely mint and gets lower action than my Lakland, Carvin and Yammie TRB6P.

Check out pictures here: www.picturetrail.com/lorenzini

EDIT: Decided I will let this go for $450. And it includes an awesome G&L Gig Bag.

EDIT: On HOLD waiting for funds!

EDIT: SOLD to Leep!

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I think used USA L2500's go for about $700-$800.
    btw you're killin' me cause yours is just like the one I stupidly traded away about 6 months ago and I have no cash or I'd snap it up. anyway bump for a great bass.

3. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Sorry. It's a Tribute!

4. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    Tributes go for 4-450.00 normall on ebay. New they are selling for under 6 bills. Great basses!

Dan

5. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Yes, they are wonderful basses! Tell you friends :)

6. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Then I'll let this one go for $450 cause it's the nicest one I've ever played.

7. Weight?

8. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I'd guess 8.5-9 lbs but I don't know for certain. It's lighter than my TRB6p but heavier than my Lakland 55-02.

9. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    OK...since I have a Lakland 55-01, and I know how it compares to a 55-02...how does the G&L sound compare to the 55-02? Seems to me it would be a bit more aggressive. Hotter even?

10. LeeP

LeeP

Aug 22, 2002
    Frankfort, KY
    PM sent

11. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Definitely hotter/more aggressive than the 55-02. I own a 55-02 and they compliment eachother well. Just needin' the money.

If I were a rock, rock-funk, reggae type player I would keep the L2500. Unfortunately, the only gigs I can get are jazz, latin and jazz-funk gigs and it doesn't suit ME for that. Others could probably get away with it, not me.

12. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    any interest in a MIA Fender Jazz V (passive)? You'd probably have to throw in some cash or another item. :)

13. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Sorry. Many basses little money. I'm out to sell!

14. klanger2003

klanger2003 Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2002
    "Connecticute"
    you have a p.m.

15. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Bass is on hold. Waiting for funds to ship out!

16. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    SOLD! To LeeP!