1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Feeler: Lakland 4-94 Deluxe Three-Tone Sunburst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Phantasm, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Phantasm

Phantasm I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    If someone wants this, PM me soon - I will probably pull this down by Wednesday. I just spent all afternoon playing this bass and it sounds fantastic!

This is a recent acquisition that I'm not 100% sure if I want to sell, so I'm gauging interest.

This is a Lakland 4-94 Deluxe in Three-Tone Sunburst. The serial number is 179 and according to Dan Lakin the bass is from 1997. It has a rosewood fingerboard with birdseye maple fret dot inlays. This bass has Bartolini pickups and electronics without the dip switches for mid frequency selector. There is a trim pot for output volume.

This bass has definately seen playing time and shows and has player wear, but it sounds fantastic and feels comfortable to play. I tried to take pictures of the cosmetic defects on the body up close as much as possible.

The electronics cover plate is currently missing from the bass. Dan Lakin via email that a replacement is $20 and if and if the bass is shipped to Lakland an exact fit can be installed. Amazingly, the bass has been dead quiet every time I've played it even without the cover plate - quite a feat since some manufacturers can't achieve silent electronics WITH the cover plate!

I'd like $1300 shipped in the Lower 48 / USA to part with this bass. It will ship in a Musicians Friend gig bag. I do have a Lakland hard shell case in very good condition that I can also sell for an additional cost.

This bass brand new would be $2870 according to Bass Central's website, and a 44-02 deluxe would be $1399 + $59 for the gig bag new. That means you can buy this USA Lakland for less than the purchase price of a new Skyline 44-02 or over 50% off the new cost of a 4-94!

Pics:

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

2. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    Danny's a good guy to deal with.. I like these basses better with the Barts too.. IMO of course.. :)

3. 2ndBassGuitar

2ndBassGuitar Commercial User

Jan 17, 2008
    Qualicum Beach, BC
    Dealer for Phil Jones Bass, Lakland, Maruszczyk and Grosmann basses
  4. Phantasm

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
  5. Interested in a trade for 86 SR4 or a SR5 fretted or Fretless + cash on my end?

6. Phantasm

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm not interested in trades right now, but thanks.

If someone wants this, PM me soon - I will probably pull this down by Wednesday. I just spent all afternoon playing this bass and it sounds fantastic!

7. If I sell any of the basses I have up I will jump on it! :help:

8. Phantasm

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    last bump

9. Phantasm

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    In a happy turn of fate, the bass is returning to is original owner who missed it very much!

Congrats Ed!!!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021