1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FEELER - Late 2007 American Std P-Bass with 2008 Upgrades, 3TSB, virtually mint!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by funkyjudge, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funkyjudge

funkyjudge Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Removed "FEELER" -- it's available and there is a DEPOSIT RECEIVED ... CONSIDERING THIS BASS TO BE SOLD (1/20/2012)!!!

This bass was sold to me as a "2008" model, but the Z7xxxxxx Serial Number on the headstock indicates that this is really a late 2007 model, with all of the 2008 upgrades included(including high-mass bridge, lighter-weight Fender/Hipshot tuners, overall lighter weight, thinner nitrocellulose finish, etc.). Regardless, as you will see in the photos I am posting here, it is a beauty, and in near-mint condition (no scratches or "dings" through the finish, just one of really tiny "dent" in the lower body that I tried to capture in the photos, and one really miniscule "dent" on the upper horn that you can barely see, plus a really minor finish "blem" next to the pickguard by the jack.

The bass is all original, except for the strings (currently strung with DR Legends flatwounds), and it comes with the SKB-for-Fender hardshell case, all "case candy", and a set of Dunlop straploks (I don't play a bass without these installed, except for my Birdsong basses, which have their own super-secure strap buttons.

Putting this bass up here at $800 shipped in the lower 48 (Continental USA). No trades please!!! GAS has hit me, and that, coupled with 9+ months of semi-unemployment, makes cash king right now!

Thanks for looking! .... Doug ("funkyjudge")

The first two of many pic's are attached below ...

2. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    (serial no. clearly indicates a 2007 build date ... it was sold to me a few years ago as a "2008")

By the way, the bass weighs just 8.6 lbs!

3. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    I've attempted to capture the "worst" of the dents on the bass's body (it's barely visible in the super-closeup below). There's one other tiny dent that is both smaller and shallower on the upper horn, but no matter how hard I tried, it wouldn't photograph! Other than that, the only blemish is an area of finish "waviness" near the pickguard/output jack.

4. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Please let me know if you'd like to see any other pic's .... the back of the neck is super-smooth with the initial "tackiness" on the back of the neck just beginning to wear-off.

The rosewood board is also one of the nicest that I have ever seen on any Fender bass.

5. flewis

flewis Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    It's probably best to describe your bass as a late 2007 but w/ the stock 2008 Model upgrades; HM Bridge, new lighter weight Hipshot tuners, thinner finish and with a lot of the newer basses, lighter weight.

Fender released the improved (IMHO) basses w/ the upgrades later part of 2007. So your bass is a 2007 but with all the 2008 upgrades. :) The 2008 upgrades is a plus in selling this bass.

I also have a late 2007 AM STD Jazz that came stock w/ the 2008 upgrades. Nasty tone and only 8.5 lbs! :hyper:

Good luck w/ the sale!

6. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Thanks, FL .... I had actually heard that before, but forgot about the "late 2007 with 2008 upgrades" tag!

7. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein Commercial User

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    Great deal from a great TBer. Always with great gear.

8. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Bump

9. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    to the top

10. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    I have the same bass as my main player. Amazingly solid P-bass for you folks who dig that sound. Bump!:bassist:

Mine weighs in at 8.5 and it feels like a feather. The '08 upgrades and the hardcase are the icing on the cake.

11. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Thank you, Mr. Pickles! It is truly an excellent bass, and I may just keep it in the end if the right offer (and bass) doesn't come my way. It plays like a dream, and the slightly-narrower P-Bass neck (1-5/8" nut width) is just right, too!

12. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    I forgot to mention -- I installed Dunlop Straploks (chrome, in this case) on this bass, as I do on all of my basses. Original strap buttons will also be included, if you want them.

13. mikeddd

mikeddd Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Any interest in a partial trade+cash for a Spector Legend Custom or an Epi Ripper? FS thread link in my sig. :)

14. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Mike,

I appreciate your potential trade offer, and the Spector looks like a really nice bass, but I have far too many 4-string basses, with a new custom bass being built for me for delivery in March, so I really cannot accept any trades at this time.

Best regards, ... Doug

15. mikeddd

mikeddd Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Thank you for looking, Doug. GLWTS. :)

Mike

16. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Somebody PLEASE buy this bass ... GAS has hit me in a big way!!!

17. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    DEAL IN THE WORKS ON THIS BASS

18. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    DEPOSIT RECEIVED; CONSIDER THE BASS TO BE SOLD!

19. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    Pm me if it falls through!!

20. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    OK ... but I don't expect it to fall through. The buyer says he is sending the rest of the balance within the next 24 hours.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.