Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

*FEELER* Lefty MM Sterling

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by big evil robot, Nov 10, 2005.

1. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Innovations Music - Retailer
    black, black pickguard, maple fretboard.
    Recently purchased, but I guess I'm a fender guy through and through. I need a jazz.
    Will take trade on a good MIM or MIJ jazz or pj + cash.
    I still have hang tags and all other stuff that comes with. Hardcase as well.

2. Dan T.

Dan T.

May 9, 2005
    Minneapolis
    Hey, I've got a Lefty Made In Mexico Fender Jazz Midnight Wine Red Color that has Active EMG Pickups wired in Parrallel, a Badass II Bridge, American Standadrd Nut, and recently setup at the best shop in town, with a nice padded gig big that I'm trying to get rid of, not really interested in a trade very much but I'm only asking $500 for it. Got Any Interest? It's a great bass, I'm jsut trying to make some room for some new toys.

Get at me - Dan T.
    dtousign@hotmail.com

3. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    No, sorry not looking to buy another right now. I'm either selling or trading this.

4. Dan T.

Dan T.

May 9, 2005
    Minneapolis
    well go sell that sterling and buy my jazz.

5. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    swap out the emg's and i will :D

6. Dan T.

Dan T.

May 9, 2005
    Minneapolis
    The EMG's? They're some of the best pickups I've ever heard/owned. If it makes any difference, I've got a set of passive Dimarzio's that you can have with it if you want to buy it, they're great pickups too, they're just sitting around with no bass to live in right now. Buy my jazz and you can have them for free. $500 for the whole deal...

7. onkelpo

onkelpo

Dec 1, 2004
    UK
    Are you looking for a straight sale on the Sterling ?
    If so, how much and would be willing to send it to the UK.
    Thanks.

8. leftyguy81

leftyguy81

Nov 11, 2005
    pm sent

9. Shearstown

Shearstown

Oct 15, 2005
    Dan T, Pmed you.

10. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Being that its nearly brand new, about $1000 U.S.
    And yes, willing to ship to the UK, though the cost of shipping with case and all will be high.

11. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    I guess I will come up with a good list of what I'd be most looking for in a trade.
    I will do a straight trade for an MIA Hotrod P-bass, I know theres a few floating around out there.
    or a G&L SB-2, but thats a pretty big longshot.

For deals that would have to be worked out, any MIM or MIJ jazz bass. Though my preference would be a sunburst finish and rosewood fretboard, I'm open to any nice jazz.

A schecter california custom 4 would be considerable as well.

My sterling is a great bass, but it just doesn't have the weight I've come to love in a big fender bass.

I will consider selling if you make a reasonable offer. Please keep in mind this bass is basically brand new, I've only had it since Sept. and its not left the comfort of either its case or a guitar stand.

12. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Pics available!!!! :hyper: