Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Feeler: MIJ Fender 62 Jazz Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by C-5KO, Feb 12, 2006.

1. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm thinking about selling my MIJ Fender 62 Jazz Fretless bass so I can purchase some pups and upgrade one of my basses.

I believe I purchased it in grade 10, serial number Cxxxxxx, which denotes made in '85-'86. I'll try to find the original receipt for the bass. Unfortunately I haven't played this bass for 15 years, so it's the first on my "to go" list.

Maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, I believe it's an alder body. I've had Bart J's installed, with a bart pre. Black finish.

It's a player's bass. There are a few dings here and there, which I'll take some pictures of. But nothing that affects playability. The barts sound fantastic in it. Real growl to them. I just put on a new set of strings which sing on it. In grade 10 I spray painted the bridge and string tree black (I took them off the bass of course). I do have a replacement chrome bridge, that I will throw in for free. Plus I still have the original pups and pots too. I've also swapped out the control plate for a finished black one. I think I still have the original control plate too, that I'll throw in.

So basically you'll get a '85-'86 62 RI MIJ Fender Jazz Fretless bass, with Bart J's, and Bart Active Pre, and most original hardware.

edit: i just found the original control plate. it was painted black also. found all original pots, could only find one knob though. also found original pickguard shown in pic. still looking for grounding strip. i may have lost this though. couldn't find original sales slip, but did find original financing slip. i believe it was an '85-'86 bass purchased in April of '90.

2. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Around how much are you asking?

3. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

please ignore my fingerprints! :D i just couldn't take my hands off her!

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    What is your price?

5. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    whoops, sorry guys.

The price I'm looking for is $400 buyer pays for shipping + paypal if you want to go that way. Plus I don't have an extra HSC to ship it in, but we could figure that one out.