1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Feeler: Music Man Stingray 4string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by spcmstrbtasp, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spcmstrbtasp

spcmstrbtasp

Oct 19, 2006
    Athens, GA
    I am considering selling this bass- one early 90s Music Man Stingray 4 string bass with a maple neck/fb and a transparent white finish. (I've never seen another one with this finish.) It has the 3 band eq and has been "played" so it shows some signs of use (which I feel give it character). That said, it is not mint, but still a fine example of an American made Leo Fender design.

I am considering asking $1000.00 US shipped in the US only. I am not interested in trades. Sorry. The bass does not have a case, but I will include a generic hsc if requested.

This bass has been with me for a long time (since '92) and carries some sentimental value while also being a fine, highly playable instrument. I would like to use this thread to gauge if there is interest in it among the other players here on TB.

Attached Files:

2. brian_poole

brian_poole

Jul 18, 2007
    you're about $200 too high or else I'd be sending you a paypal right now

3. spcmstrbtasp

spcmstrbtasp

Oct 19, 2006
    Athens, GA
    brian-

That's why I put out the feeler. I would feel bad letting it go for less...but I'm glad you like what you see.

jef

4. spcmstrbtasp

spcmstrbtasp

Oct 19, 2006
    Athens, GA
    This bass was used on this recording a few years ago.
    http://www.myspace.com/sursie the track: pow

It was a one off recording gig for me, but I think it shows one aspect of this bass very well.

Jef

5. spcmstrbtasp

spcmstrbtasp

Oct 19, 2006
    Athens, GA
    I realize I might be priced above market, but I'm not totally convinced that I should part with this one- I'll have to be talked into it... thus the feeler status of this thread.

:rollno:

6. It's worth $1000..but for some reason they don't have a great re-sale. I've sold a few and never manage to get more than $850...keep it, it's a sweet looking "ray"

7. bdeaux

bdeaux Bass, the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Salt Lake City based
    Branden Campbell
    Unless you are retiring from bass, i think you should keep it. You've had it for 16 years man, it must be doing something right. Needing the money I can understand, but if you can find a way - keep it. Just my 2 cents. Great looking bass!

8. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Keep it. You'll feel bad after you sell it. :)

9. spcmstrbtasp

spcmstrbtasp

Oct 19, 2006
    Athens, GA
    Thanks for the honest feedback. I agree, that I think I will regret selling it.

10. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    nice bass, rare color...

bump for ya

11. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    is this bass availiable?

12. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    High regret factor selling Stingrays.

13. Any birdseye figuring on the neck or board?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.