1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FEELER: Nordstrand SC4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jamontap, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamontap

jamontap Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    *For Sale or Trade*
    First of all,this is an amazing bass. Plays like a dream. I'm not sure that I want to part with it, but I'd like to see what else is out there. I recently recieved this bass from noisevayne and it's everything he said it was and more. It is the 1st SC4 that Carey produced, originally a fretless, but modded to fretted by master luthier Ray Rogers (Rbasses.com). It has super low action with no fret buzz. A new one like this would run $3300+. I'm asking $1800 + shipping. Here are the specs.

*Spalted horse chestnut top and back.
    *Alder core.
    *3 piece maple neck.
    *Pink ivory fingerboard and matching pickup covers.
    *Nordstrand pickups.
    *Aguilar OBP3 preamp.
    *Active/passive tone control.
    *Active/passive Switch.
    *Mute switch.

http://www.nordstrandguitars.com/

I'm borrowing noisevayne's pics (hope you don't mind) till I take some new ones.

000_03281.gif
    000_03251.gif
    000_03241.gif
    000_03231.gif

2. Umm are you wanting to Sell or Trade this, whats the asking price man... might want to read the rules before posting. :eyebrow:

Peace,

3. Nice bass.

I have a Fodera Monarch Deluxe 4 which I'm selling. But I live in Denmark (Europe)

Do you have selling price?

-Christian

4. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    Great looking back!

5. jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    You have a PM Hou.

Thanks morf.

6. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    It's my bed! :smug:

7. jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    bump cause i'm bored and on 3rd shift.

8. jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    bump.....now for sale.

9. bassic_element

bassic_element

Sep 20, 2006
    This one has been around the block quite a few times, right?

10. jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    Yes. I know jacochops had it twice, noisvayne had it before me, and maybe someone else....i'm not sure.

11. Matt Power

Matt Power

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    Yes, I had it twice, and I'm the guy who commissioned Carey to build it in the first place.
    The bass is an AMAZING instrument. DO NOT hesitate to buy it! It is a very growly bass, it's light, and the neck is SUPER fast...nice and thin front to back. I added a passive tone knob (you can see it in the pics). It originally had a Fodera Haz-Lab in there, but we changed it out to an Aguilar 3 band, and we added the 4th tone knob.

This is a killer bass guys. It deserves a permanant home.....

12. jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    Thanks matt. You are absolutly right about the super fast neck. I can honestly say that I think it's the fastest I've ever played!

13. dveeus1

dveeus1

Jan 7, 2001
    DFW, Texas
    Trade my week old stambaugh fretless for it

14. jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    Thanks dveeus, but i'm looking for a number 1 bass for my stable. Since I don't really play fretless basses that much, it wouldn't get used. I did look it up though, and it's a sweet looking bass.

15. jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    bump. buy this bass.

16. jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    *on hold*

17. jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    off hold for now. bump it.

18. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    Scale length 34"?

19. jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    yep.

20. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    I can't believe my old bass is still here!!! This is a true work of art, folks! One thing that was not mentioned that should be mentioned: this baby is very light-weight. If I remember right, it's in the 7 lbs-ish area. It feels like a feather when you're wearing it, is very comfortable, and balances like a top. It would still be mine, but I came into an emergency situation where I needed money fast.

This thing is a slap machine. It's got the most natural, punchy, cut-through-the-mix tone and transients of any bass that I've played. The finger tone is nice and round, warm, punchy, and even a bit aggressive. When you get on it with a pick...dare I say "chainsaw"

Someone NEEDS this bass. You'll probably not want to ever give it up. I know that I'm regretting the loss :( If only I had the money....

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.