1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Feeler...Peavey MidiBase

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by DeltaPhoenix, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay, this is technically a Bass, but who would use it for that? It is a Midi Controller. Plug the MidiBase into it's control box, midi out from there into a synthesizer, soft synths, whatever that can be controlled by Midi. This is essentially the same system as the Industrial Radio Midi Bass (same guy engineered them both, both use the fret sensor type midi system).
    Seriously, virtually no latency, play real deal keys with your bass. I have been using it with my M-Audio Venom Synth, CRAZY. If you are into Electronica, or DubStep,or whatever this can't be touched.
    Like I said, this is a feeler. I am open to partial trades + cash, pedals and maybe a cheap but nice playing 5er (Squier?) mostly but run whatever by me. I am picky about pedals, I have a few certain things in mind and I have pretty expensive taste, most of the time but not always.
    Here is what is included: Peavey MidiBase (Cyber bass softwate upgrade), Peavey OHSC, 2 control modules (rack mountable, Hardest part to find, essential for the system to work, so there is a back-up), custom 20 ft long cord (from bass to control module), Peavey Rack Synth Module (V2).
    What else that could be included and makes since to get: 6 space rack, Furman Power conditioner, Anatek StudioMerge (Midi Control station essentially, manage multiple midi ins, outs, and thrus).

Everything has a power supply. This MidiBase has a unique history, it has been used a hit or two, I have documents that come with the MidiBase from the original owner. I have the instruction manual, you will have to spend time dialing it in to your own playing style, the MidiBase will reward you for spending time dialing it in.
    This is a 15 + year old unit, it is not in mint condition, it has seen use on stage and in studios. It functions perfectly though. Considering everything that I have for the unit and their rarity, a cash price of $1350 shipped in the CONUS, this "lot" takes 2 boxes to ship everything. The price above will be used to evaluate trade offers.

PM for pics if you are serious, or need more info.

Thanks

2. DannDubblewe

DannDubblewe Knob Wrangler

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    shubbashubbashubbaWHUUUTTT

3. 16 hours of school this semester, and next, and next. Band, owning a house, I can see that this is going to sit in it's case for 2 years. Plus it is JUST a feeler.

4. Hola

5. Nevermind, I came to my senses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.