1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FEELER: Pedulla MVP 5 string epoxy fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jmondick, Jun 13, 2017.

1. jmondick

jmondick Supporting Member

May 10, 2004
    USA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Up for sale/trade as a feeler. I like this bass so I am not overly motivated to sell, but it is getting zero playing time lately since I got a new fretless 5'er, so she may be better off at a new home.

This is a 1986 (according to the serial number) MVP-5 that received the HG Thor epoxy fretless treatment ( HG Thor Epoxy Fretless ) before I bought it. In other words, it started life as a fretted and was sent to HG Thor and converted to a fretless with the epoxy coating.

Full body flame maple, ebony (I think) neck), active/passive Bartolini pups, neck through, adjustable bridge. Great playing and great sounding - sustain and mwah for days. It's got some dings (check out the pics, esp the ding on back of the neck) - as I like to say, it's a player not a showpiece - but it plays wonderfully. Comes with HSC.

Not sure exactly how to price this, so going with $1700 OBO plus shipping. As stated I am not overly motivated to sell, so low ball offers will be ignored. If you offer a trade, please make it reasonable.

As for trades - early model Thumb bass, Sadowskys, all tube amp heads, a Markbass 151P, USA made Jazz Basses (especially re-issues or Custom Shop basses). +- cash as needed.

Attached Files:

bordinco90 and cubanbass like this.
  2. bassWR

bassWR

Nov 21, 2009
    Warner Robins GA
    What is the string spacing?
    Scale length?

3. jmondick

May 10, 2004
    USA
    17.5 and the bridge is adjustable
    34" scale length

4. jazzycats

jazzycats

Oct 17, 2014
    Hi, what´s the preamp?

5. jmondick

May 10, 2004
    USA
    I believe it's the standard Pedulla preamp, but not 100% sure. I bought it used a few years ago and don't recall if the seller ever said that it was replaced or not.

6. jmondick

May 10, 2004
    USA
    Updated trades - I picked up another bass, so now just interested in the following (+- cash as needed):

Vintage Fender Jazz Basses
    NYC Sadowsky 5 strings, w/maple fretboard
    All-tube bass amp heads
    Markbass 151p
    Early Warwick B/O Thumb Basses
    4-5 string Zon basses (carbon necks only)
    Might consider custom shop Jazz Basses

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    cubanbass likes this.
  7. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Wow that's perfect.

jmondick likes this.
  8. MixBass

MixBass

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    I have an old neutered MVP as well, did the same thing. I did a test with it vs a newer pentabuzz and actually prefer the sound of the old pre a bit more.

9. Any interest in a alembic Orion 5 string?

10. jmondick

May 10, 2004
    USA
    Thanks for the offer but at this point cash is king, otherwise only interested in the above trades. Updated the trades as well.

11. jmondick

May 10, 2004
    USA
    Dropping down to $1500. Next step is eBay.

12. jmondick

May 10, 2004
    USA
    and sold!!