1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Feeler: Phil Jones Double Four combo with Battery!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by whirledpeas, Jan 10, 2016.

1. whirledpeas

whirledpeas Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    Price:
    Hate to list this little wonder, but I need to raise some $.

These don't come up too often for good reason. This shoebox really has blown me away! Amazing tone and volume for its size, and handles a low B!!

It sounds so good I have also found myself using it for portable music playback on the back patio with my iPhone. Very enjoyable! (and I'm a bit of an audiophile)

I usually run it off battery- super convenient for hours of jamming without power cords.

I will ship in original packaging and include a nearly new Lenmar PPU 916RS battery, plus the original power supply.

My cost with battery: about $530 + shipping.

I'm asking $385 shipped. Probably negotiable, especially if you aren't 3k miles from me. Local deal in western WA can save you some $.

PM with questions. Pics coming soon.

Make an offer... Like to sell ASAP.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  2. DrMoustache

DrMoustache

Jan 9, 2016
    One of these is on my wishlist, and I've been stalking them for ages. I really want to pair it with a Kala U-Bass, and have a neat little travel kit that I can easily take on planes and trips.

That said, money's tight right now, and I'm waiting until things loosen up, or until I find a *really* good deal. One came up here a few days ago for less than half the retail price, and it sold in under an hour. When I saw the listing, two hours later, I let out loud wail.

Not that any of that helps you, I guess, I just thought I'd share. ;)

3. whirledpeas

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    ^yeah, that sold in an instant for a stupid low price!! (No offense to the seller intended)

Mine is about 1 year old, in excellent condition, and comes with a battery that easily slips into the well designed handle for a quick one handed grab and go!

I'd call the preamp pretty transparent, a quality I like. Every bass's character comes through. My old Rob Allen Mouse sounded fantastic through it! But then again, I really like the sound of all of my basses through it.

It hangs in a surprisingly loud environment. After searching for the right AEB, I have decided a solid BG through this little box works better for me accompanying acoustic instruments.

Wonderful practice tool as well with aux in with volume and headphone out. Also, it's the only amp I can play without headphones while my kids are asleep upstairs. You can get good tone at very low volumes and not disturb your house which is really nice.

I'll probably end up with another one of these before sunny weather returns to the PNW :)

Make me an offer.

4. DrMoustache

DrMoustache

Jan 9, 2016
    Given how well these sell, I'm sure you'll find someone willing to pay your asking price. That said, I'll PM you a backup offer, in case the stars align. ;)

DevinWard369 likes this.
  5. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Free bump for a top-notch TBer. Happy new year, DM.

6. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I'll totally jump on this when my Tone Hammer sells

7. whirledpeas

Feb 18, 2010
    Sittin' Here in Limbo
    Thanks, Dan. Happy New Year, brother!

8. whirledpeas