1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Feeler: Reverend Rumblefish 4 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by PinkFloydDan, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    This is my first bass. I bought a new Reverend, the last one made, and it is truly amazing. I don't play a lot of basses and don't see myself playing this one anymore.

So, I might as well sell her. This bass has the brushed aluminum finish, which is rare, and rosewood board. She has some finish scratches on the back from belts and buckles, and a small dent on the front left corner that you can slightly see in this pic. She has some dings here and there, but plays excellent. Recently set up by a TBer with fender flats.

Gig bag included. I paid $900 for her. She is 2 years old. I would like to get $750.

I can send more pics later if any interest.

2. I have a need for some more pictures.

3. Actually, Reverned was sellling basses off of their website as recent as month ago... Now they've stopped selling them since they've used up all of the parts...

4. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    They were not selling these basses. They were selling Rumblefish 5 strings. I bought the very last 4 string they made in USA. They had some rare 4 string up months ago, but not this one and I think they were XLs, not rumbles.

And they certainly weren't selling this one. I have yet to find a person who has this same color and finish.

The key is: You can only get these used now and the demand has increased realizing the production is done.

She is an awesome bass that won't get much use with me. Anyone who wanted one of these--this is the one.

5. Sorry to disagree but I bought one of about 25 4-strings that they had listed. I ended up with a figured mahogany top 4-string. You're right, they weren't selling the exact bass that you have, with that polished blue finish then but as of 2 weeks before they listed the 5 strings, they had about 25 4-strings available including a blue PJ, a ton of white and a whack or figured mahogany and birdseye maple 4-strings.

And yes, I bought a blue faux wood 5-string too that arrived about 6 weeks ago! So you may have purchased the absolute last 4-string in that finish but it certainly was NOT the last 4-string made if you purchased it 2 years ago...

6. mattvon

mattvon

Jan 22, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nice bass...I'd like to see more pics, please...

7. Radiobass

Radiobass

Jan 10, 2005
    The price is too much, I think...

8. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    No I am sorry bro. You misunderstood me.

THis bass I am selling is not "the last ever reverend bass built."

Sorry for the confusion. I do have the last reverend bass ever built. I bought it last month. They made one last one and i snagged it. This bass is 2 years old, been played alot, and is rare in the finish. That's what I meant. I thought you said they were selling this exact bass a few months ago, so I chimed in. Sorry bro.

I saw that they had a bunch of 4 strings up there, but some had minir flaws so they sold them at low prices, between 700 and 750 I think. I even saw some 5 for the 550 range I believe.

But, this bass, new, cost me $900 with all the added touches. The brushed aluminum is cool as hell. I said I would never sell it, but, basses should be played. I am a one bass kind of guy and I have 6. lol. I always need money and this is an opportunity for someone to snag a real cool, rare, bass.

9. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    In giving the bass a strong eye, I noticed that the second P pickup has a crack in it. I won't sell it unless I know the crack is only cosmetic, so let me have her checked out. Sale is off until I can get a trusted TBer to check it out.

And, the price is probably to high for a used bass, despite how rare it is. It's not like a vintage instrument. I'd probably, if I find that the crack is no big deal, would sell her for $650 or best offer. Sorry guys.

10. Hey how about some pictures :D

11. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Read the rules of this forum, because you are violating one of them.

12. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    Bass is fine.

Selling for reasonable price of $600 shipped.

13. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    pics

one shows some scuffs on the arm rest areas.

the other pic is full shot

14. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    more

15. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    Both pics shows where more scratches scuffs are. This is all the major wear I found. Nothing but buckle scapes, really.

So, to summarize. Crack in middle P pick up. Two scuffs-one on back and one on front near bridge. She will be re-set by PhunkyPants from TB when I can get to him to see if he has the time. He set her up before and needs to adjust one more thing to make her perfect. Flatwounds-Fenders, are on it now.

This is bass an awesome bass, and Reverend Fans can chime in here. She has been played alot but the frets and neck are fine. She is prrrrrrrettty.

16. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Hi All,

I worked on Dan's bass (this one) previously and found it to be a sound instrument in all ways. His discription tracks with my recollection. All in all, I found it to be a solid instrument with no issues aside from the minor cosmetic quibbles he's mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.