Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Feeler: SWR WM1x15T & JBL MR812

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Eric Cioe, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I'm a little short on cash and am having GAS pains for an LDS neo 1x8 3-way. :help:

What we have for sale, my friends, are two cabinets:

First up: a 1999 SWR Workingman's 1x15T cabinet. I was the first owner of this, but I sold it to my guitar player for a while. He sold it to a used music shop, and then I bought it back. I like it that much. It's a great cabinet - only 45 pounds - that has a great blues/classic rock tone. Sounds great at reasonable volumes, but at higher volumes, a low B or C can make it break up a bit. This one's an 9/10 cosmetically. I'd like to get $200.

Second: an unknown year JBL MR812 guitar cabinet. It's a single 8 ohm 12 that handles 300 watts, about 40 pounds. I got this on trade for an Avatar 2x10, just because I was looking for something different. Had it for 3 months or so, and not really using it. The tone is something else - for a guitar cabinet, it is surprisingly decent for bass. Starts to break up at high volumes below low G or so. A great, small guitar cabinet. Or, if someone is doing an octave-up "rhythm guitar" signal as well as a regular bass signal, this would be a great and portable solution to it. I'd like to get $200 here too.

The thing is, I'm at school in Chicago and this stuff is at my house in West Michigan. I'm on Spring Break from 15 March to 26 March, and will get some pics up as soon as I can.

I'm not really hurting to sell this stuff, so I'd like to do a pickup/meetup thing. When I'm home over break, I'd be willing to drive, say, 2 hours to meet you. If you're interested but think I'm high on the price, go ahead and make an offer via PM. If you catch me at the right time, I might take it.

2. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Rainy-Chicago-early-spring-finals-week-eve bump.

Anyone? Make an offer!

3. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Bump for a great little fifteen, someone grab it!

4. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Someone make me an offer!

5. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    SWR pics. It's less blue in person - the flash is really, really bright.

Attached Files:

6. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    JBL pics.

Attached Files:

7. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    JBL and both together for size comparison. Keep in mind that the 15 is pretty small for a 15.

Attached Files:

8. Theonestarchild

Theonestarchild Artfully lost

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    I'll take the SWR for 150 if you can give me a little bit to come up with the dough. I'm cabinetless but also moneyless. Stupid head blowing. :(

9. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I'll keep in touch. I'm not in a hurry to ship these cabinets, especially the SWR. If you were within 200 miles of me, you'd be talking.

However, I'll definately keep you in mind if I decide to ship these guys.