1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Feeler: to sell 90's SWR rack gear and Eden 410

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Bassosaurus, May 8, 2006.

1. Bassosaurus

Bassosaurus Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    I've been out of bands now for about 8 years and have been hanging on to this -just in case. But I'm thinking about lettin' 'er go. So about how much would I get for:

one
    SWR Grand Pre mid 90's green label (saw one sell here for $300 recently racked w/ SWR Stereo 800 and Furman power conditioner. Canare Connecting and speaker cables included

Stuff has been in the rack the whole time (except to change the tube. Rack is beat looking, but the stuff inside is in good or better condition. Just a rough estimate of what I might get for this stuff?

Would it be better to part this stuff out (I'm thinkin' NO)?

two
    Eden David 410 from early 90's - has the original white w/ black & red decal w/ the bass drum on it. It's been giged probably an average of 2-3x a month for 15 or so years - spent the rest of the time in fairly respectible rehearsal spaces (ie. NOT musty/mildewy basements). Not cat pee or scratches - smells fine - carpet is fuzzed out - little rust on grill and handles - wheel screws have been repaired many times - handles are fine.

So about how much to ask for this? Don't know if the older stuff gets more $$$. Also, how would I ship this? Woould it be better to just sell locally?

Thanks so much for your input!:)

2. Where are you located?

3. by "part" it out, do you mean sell the preamp, poweramp and PC separatly?

if so, i would say it wouldn't be a bad idea to allow that if someone was interested :)

4. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Where are you, and what are the prices?

5. Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    "Where are you,..."

Tucson, AZ

"...and what are the prices?"

That's what i'm trying to figure out. Someone recently got $300 for their Grand Pre - I'd probably do that.

6. pickles

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    You know, Ventura is a lovely place to come on vacation. Beaches, sunshine... ;) :ninja:

I'd be interested in picking up one of the 410Ts, but shipping cost on a 410 tends to be a deal breaker.

7. Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    "...shipping cost on a 410 tends to be a deal breaker"

Indeed, my friend!

Wow, I'd love to come out to Ventura - probably not gonna happen though, but hey.......I'll let you know:smug:

Good day to ya:p

8. pickles

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    :D I'll be here.