Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Feelers: Trade Stingray for P-Bass / RBV

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by tplyons, Feb 25, 2005.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    My Stingray doesn't do it for me anymore. It's Y2K, black/maple with a mirror pickguard. Have the original black pickguard and case.

The bass has a few finish chips, nothing bad, feels great when playing. Pictures later. The SKB type case is cracked and doesn't close right on the first attempt--a bit of wiggling will get it to close great. All original, no mods

I'm looking for a P-bass, older is good, so is new. But either CIJ or MIA and must be a player. Will take anything that doesn't look like it's been run through a meat grinder, no stickers. Rosewood or maple is good. I really enjoy the basses from the late 70's. I'd probably be willing to put some cash towards a vintage piece.

Also looking at Roscoe Beck V's. Any color pretty much, just looking to see if there's any interest out there.

[​IMG]

2. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    Email coming in a bit when I get home. Give me a little time and first crack at this. Thanks.

3. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
  4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    PM's back at both of you.

5. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Back atcha

7. i really dig that mirror pickguard

8. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    TP--If you have a chance, I have a new Sterling that I'd potentially trade for a Stingray. Please see threat this forum.

BK

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Phunkypants, looking to get something a little more...passive shall we say. Nice Sterling and I thought about it, but not the beast I'm looking for at the moment. Thanks for the offer.

Bump for more offers?

10. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Well, I know it's not worth as much, but maybe we can work out a deal with my ESP M-IV? P/J seymour duncans, 3 way toggle, passive, maple neck/fretboard... lemme know if it interests you at all.

Ray

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sorry Ray, never liked ESP necks (now I sound really picky don't I? ;)) But thanks for offering!

12. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I'd be just as picky dude hah, why trade for somethin' ya wont like? :) thanks for lettin' me know, free bump!

Ray

13. May I tempt you with a Peavey T-40? I believe it was MIA, has a good Precision tone, as well as a good Jazz tone. Mine is from 1979, I believe. It is very versatile, sounds great, and looks pretty nice too. If you're interested, I could get you some pictures. All of the electronics were recently replaced, and she's pretty dinged up, but it's all cosmetic stuff. I'm not sure if I want to part with her, but I've been really digging that Stingray sound lately.

EDIT: I'll go and get it dated from the Peavey site, to make certain.

14. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Paul, sorry but those things have resale values around $250, you'd be looking at parting with serious cash as well. Also, on that note, I'm not looking for something QUITE that heavy either. Thanks anyway.

15. Doesn't seem too heavy.

Thanks for considering it anyways!

EDIT: How much cash? If you don't get any better offers, which I'm sure that you will, I'll attempt to raise the money. Stingrays go used for about 900$, so......

16. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Paul, didn't you just buy that off JP?