1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Feeling sick, room spinning, ebay potential problem!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stinsok, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I bought a B stock G&L through ebay on Monday. The damage described and shown were some scratches on the back. I just happend to look at the auction (that I won/same number, etc.) and it shows a different bass with worse finish damage, different neck figuring. I just hope this is the seller using a shortcut to sell a different B stock bass. If it is not, it will be going back. I have never run across this before.

2. the auction shows as closed or as relisted? if it shows as relisted, i wouldn't worry about it...a lot of sellers will "relist" an item and change details/pics and even change it to a completely different type of item as a shortcut, as you suspected....

3. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
  4. check this auction...same (new) pics, which they are hosting themselves from studiogears.com...they are just being lazy and using an html template, then swapping in new pics once the previous bass sells, i wouldn't worry...99.8% positive feedback so i don't think they make a habit of burning customers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251135548519

p.s. congrats on the new bass, NOW I WANT ONE TOO...

5. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Just being paranoid. The one I bought had a couple of scratches that could be cleaned up with a little elbow grease. The one pictured I can't really help.

6. as an obsessive ebay bass adopter, i understand completely...reloading the closed auction and staring at those pics every day until it is in your hands, been there and done that

enjoy it, that is very close to my idea of THE perfect bass...two pickups, three knobs and a nice finish

7. aasti3000

aasti3000

Jul 18, 2012
    If they have a return policy then you're ok. If you paid thru paypal then contact the seller and express you concerns. If they won't let you return it tell paypal your situation and they will contact the seller. If the seller doesn't respond to paypal's inquiry then paypal will freeze his bank account until the problem is situated. They did that to a seller for me when I bought some DJ equipment. That dude was shook.

8. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    They were good enought to clear it up. I am supposed to get the bass I purchased.

9. Auguste

Auguste

Apr 5, 2012
    Good news

10. I always save the pictures of anything I buy,. That way if anything doesn't match, I have a starting point to solve any issues. Haven't needed to use them, but they're there just in case.

11. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I picked it up at Fedex/Kinkos today. It is better than described. A couple of scratches on the back that will buff out probably 90%. Just waiting for it to cool down before tuning up.

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You know, you could tune it up now, then tune it again later if necessary. It only takes a couple seconds, and tuning isn't permanent anyway.