Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Feet!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Higgie, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    After speaking with Toasted on MSN, we came to the conclusion that hacking the feet off of pedals with large knives is fun :smug:

But really, what I'm asking about is what to do about the feet on the 105Q Wah. Now we all know they are screwed in, and taking the feet off and putting the screws back in leaves the base plate loose.

So basically I was thinking of just taking the screws out altogether and taping the plate on to the pedal. I was just wondering if there were any more efficient yet not resale-value-decreasing options I could take?

Cheers in advance.

2. use shorter screws so that they tighten up all the way? I've not tried this, but seems reasonable to me.

3. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Hmm yeah, I did have a little discussion with my dad about this...I was thinking of doing it, but then when I thought of taping the base the idea completely left me, thanks for the reminder.

4. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    [​IMG]

.. And use plenty of it :D

Seriously, this is what I will do when i'm going to feet-cut all my pedals. Hate the way they build the wah with them screws :scowl:

5. I've just put velcros under mine yesterday and I had to take off the feets, put 2 washers (flat metal rings) between the pedal and the plate and then screw it in place.

The plate is now a little off from the pedal but as I'm writting, I am thinking of putting the washers between the screw and the plate instead of between the pedal and the plate.

Am I clear enough?

6. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
  7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    +1 for shorter screws that's what I did