Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Felix Pastorius & Jeff Coffin

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Hambone, Apr 8, 2002.

1. I want to thank 6stringer for copying a set of CD's of Jeff Coffin with Felix on bass from a VA gig in February. Jake, if you read this, these discs are going to be featured at the Atlanta TB Bass Player Get-Together. They will be the hit of the party.

The descriptions offered in the "bassists" forum are pretty much right on regarding Felix's playing. He's got his daddy's tone and skills but he's probably still on a different planet. Killer chops and rythym and a groove we'd all kill for. It's amazing to remember he's still so young.

I'm also really enjoying a little extra that Jake packed with the other recordings. A power jazz trio out of Boston called "The Slip". Young guys with a really neat sound.

2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Yeah, The Slip is a really good band. If you get a chance, see if you can get their new (well, a few months old now) live album entitled "Live is My Jumby."

3. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    Hey, you got to spread the wealth right? Sorry for the delay, hambone. I figured you would enjoy that Slip I sent you. Yea, the kid is a sicko. 20 yrs old, and only three years of bass to boot! I'll have to come down to GA for one of those parties sometime. Enjoy the tunes!

4. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    Just got some old MMW that's stellar.;)

5. Yeah, i third The Slip being a good band, i saw them when they were opening up for Les Claypool. Really cool to have a rock dude being opened up for by a jazz band

6. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    The Slip W/ Claypool? When was that?

7. August- Lupo's downtown in providince. Ask ImNotGeddyLee, he was there too

8. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    Man, I seem to miss all the good tours. Saw Claypool, Galactic, and Lake Trout at The Nation in DC a year or so ago. What a killer show.