Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fellow Bassists, Need Your Inputs.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Airsick Pilot, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    First of all Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year in advanced.
    Well guys..its time for me to get my fourth bass and I've highlighted a few so it would really be appreciated if you guys could just give a rundown on the basses listed here(if you've guys have played em or have knowledge about their quality)

Well here goes

Cort Billy Cox Freedom Bass
    Peavey C4 Thru-Neck
    Yamaha RBX760A
    Yamaha BBG4AII
    Peavey Fury II

Urm on a sidenote, I like my bass to have a punchy tone. I play rock basically so yeah...

I know I should try em out in the stores but just to have a little headstart and get some opinions from you guys.

Cheers

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Punch? Ibanez ATK!!!!

I mean,, uh, out of the ones you listed, I'd get the C4 neck thru.,,, what is the price range? I know peavys are amazing, and will last forever, ive never played the Cort of which you speak, but have tryed out their other stuff, and i would have to say they are very nice. Yamaha makes some good stuff,,, of course,,, they make some pretty crappy stuff to. But i havent heard alot about these yamaha basses,,, or maybe i have, they use a bunch of stupid numbers to name their stuff. Oh well.

3. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    heh. id agree with pollybass on the ATK. thats what i did. but make sure the neck is good if you get a USA model.

for a workhorse bass in a rock band, limited to your choices, I would go with a yamaha. Ive been very impresesed with their quality, and Ive seen friends beat the snot out of those basses without any repurcussions. They sounded good too.

4. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Ahh Ill take a closer look at the Ibanez ATK. Thanks guys. Say...how about a Cort Artisan 4 or Curbow 4

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    There's an ATK on ebay right now, it's real PURTY and it's only starting at 170 something. go check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4713&item=931491028

And also, the those corts are nice, but can't touch the ATK with a 50 foot pole.

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Ugh, Mighty-Mite, didn't ibanez use these in their stuff? or do they still? Ugh, Mighty-Crap more like it.