1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Female producers?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassaficionado6, Sep 22, 2008.

1. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    I was just reading a book for my sociology class talking about discrimination against women (among other things) and I somehow got to thinking how I've never heard of a prominent female producer, or actually any female producer.

Anybody else know of any?

2. Alcyon

Alcyon

Jan 15, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    there was one in a House episode... but you're right, i've never heard of one. although i'm sure at least a few exist.

3. Oraflora

Oraflora

Apr 18, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Is (Forgive me for slaughtering the spelling....)
    Me'Shell Indegeocello a producer? I think she produced some tracks for a Madonna record.

4. HomeBrewTJ

HomeBrewTJ

May 16, 2004
    Lafayette, IN
    (re)producer?

5. Alcyon

Alcyon

Jan 15, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    :rolleyes: :p

6. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharon_Robinson_(songwriter)

Works a lot with Leonard Cohen.

D.Don

7. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Wendy & Lisa?

8. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Sylvia Massy--she's produced Tool and many others and owns a burgeoning studio complex in Mt. Shasta, CA.

LeAnneUngar has produced Leonard Cohen and worked with Laurie Anderson among others.

Sally Browder has produced or engineered for Willie Nelson, Dwight Yoakam, Exene Cervenka...

I find that Tape Op magazine covers a wide variety of producers, engineers, and creative music makers.