1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender '08 American Standard P-Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jeff K, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    SOLD.

Olympic White/maple. Beautiful. Excellent Condition. $850.00 shipped within CONUS. U.S. Postal Money Order. I don't use the Bay, so I do not have Paypal. This has an '07... S/N, but is one of the early '08 Am. Stds. with the new features and case.

The white looks pretty bright in the pics. In real life, it's got a bit of a "creamyness" to it. You don't really notice it until you're holding it next to a white T-shirt or something like that. Very pretty. Tone-wise, she's bright and punchy. I don't have a scale, but she's pretty light. I'd estimate it around 8.6 pounds. (I have another '08 P that is 8.6 lbs., and they feel virtually identical.)

100_1516.jpg

100_1527.jpg

100_1519.jpg

100_1522.gif

100_1523.gif

100_1526.gif

100_1528.gif

100_1529.gif

2. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I've had a couple nice trade offers on this. Right now, I'm just looking to sell it rather than trade. Please excuse my lack of clarity. I should have mentioned that in the first post. Sorry about that...
    :bag:

3. jimmyjames77

jimmyjames77 Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Just West of Chicago
    Well if you are looking in the furture I have an 08' US Fender Jazz 3tb for you. ;)
    Let me know.
    Jim.

4. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Hey Jim. My "problem" is that I already have 3 great Jazzes (including an '08 Am. Std.), and 4 great P's. I'm at one of those "feeling guilty" phases where I realized I have way more than I need. That's the only reason I'm selling one. And since I have more P's than Jazzes, I decided to sell off one of the P's.

Your sunburst Jazz sounds sweet though. "The" classic combination IMHO. My '08 Jazz is Blizzard Pearl, and it's a great bass too. I love the comfort of a Jazz, but find myself almost always grabbing a P when I play out. I'd think twice before parting with that Sunburst Jazz though if I were you!! ;)

5. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    If you do open it up to trades, I've got a sweet 4 string Stingray that I could toss alittle cash with for your P.

Free bump for a great guy to deal with!

6. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Thanks Zach. I could use the $ moreso than another bass right now. Do you have your 'Ray for sale? If so, and it sells, you could turn around and buy this! We could do another "I-40 Transaction"!!! ;)

And if anybody is looking at buying Zach's 'Ray, I can tell you that he's an awesome guy to deal with!

7. TDaigle

TDaigle

Nov 11, 2008
    Greenwood, AR
    PM sent

8. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    And replied!

9. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    Beautiful bass, wish you took paypal....

10. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Well, check my feedback - it's good. But I would not want anybody to feel uncomfortable with any major sale.

11. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    This bass is my ultimate lust right now, or rather it would be if it were a 70's era. Looks just like Colin Greenwood's... :sob: Unfortunately, I have no cash to offer you.

*waves hand* Republic credits and/or trades will do fine...

12. Potentially a stupid question.....
    The frets on this look vintage - I thought Am Standards had jumbos.

Beautiful bass bump.

13. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Thanks. According to the Fender site, they're "Medium Jumbo". I guess that's somewhere between "Vintage" and "Jumbo": ;)

Web Instrument Type: Precision Bass®
    Model Name: American Standard Precision Bass®
    Model Number: 019-0460-(Color #) and 019-0462-(Color #)
    Series: American Standard Series
    Colors: (700) 3-Color Sunburst,
    (705) Olympic White,
    (706) Black,
    (712) Candy Cola,
    (755) Blizzard Pearl,
    (769) Charcoal Frost Metallic,
    (Urethane Finish)
    Body: Alder
    Neck: Graphite Reinforced Maple, Modern “C” Shape,
    (Gloss Headstock Face with Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck)
    Fingerboard: Rosewood (P/N 019-0460) or Maple (P/N 019-0462), 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
    No. of Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo Frets
    Pickups: 1 American Standard Precision Bass Alnico 5 Split Single-Coil Pickup
    Controls: Volume, Tone
    Pickup Switching: None
    Bridge: HMV, High Mass Vintage, (Strings-Thru-Body or Topload)
    Machine Heads: Fender®/Hipshot® Vintage Keys with Tapered Shafts
    Hardware: Chrome
    Pickguard: 4-Ply Brown Shell On:
    (700) 3-Color Sunburst,
    (705) Olympic White,
    3-Ply White On:
    (706) Black,
    (769) Charcoal Frost Metallic,
    3-Ply Parchment On:
    (712) Candy Cola,
    (755) Blizzard Pearl
    Scale Length: 34” (863.6 mm)
    Width at Nut: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
    Unique Features: Tinted Neck,
    Maple Fingerboard Neck: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Front;
    Rosewood Fingerboard Neck: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Headstock Front with Buffed Fingerboard,
    Fender Spaghetti Logo,
    Posiflex™ Graphite Neck Support Rods,
    Rounded Body Shape,
    Rolled Fingerboard Edges,
    New Molded Fender/SKB Case with TSA Locks, Glass Reinforced Nylon Trigger Latches, and Form Fitted Plush Interior
    Strings: Super Bass 8250M NPS, p/n 073-8250-006,
    Gauges: .045, .065, .085, .110TW (Taperwound E)
    Accessories: Fender/SKB® Case, Cable, Strap, Polishing Cloth
    Case: High-Tech, Molded Rectangular SKB® Case
    Introduced: 1/2008
    Notice: Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice

14. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Deal pending.

15. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Deal fell through. This is back up for sale. If somebody wants it, contact me quick. I'm only gonna' leave it up for two more days.

16. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Bump. Tomorrow will be my last bump. If it doesn't sell today or tomorrow, I'm pursuing a trade (if that trade is still available).

17. thejrace

thejrace

Oct 3, 2008
    NYC
    Bump for a great TBer. Ive dealt with Jeff before and hes a great guy to deal with. Do not let the lack of paypal keep you away from a great bass. Wish i could afford this. Been looking for an 08 oly with a maple or rosewood board, but its a little out of my price range. Hope you get the trade your looking for!

18. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Thanks Gabe. I appreciate those kind words. My wallet will be better off if I sell it, but we'll see what transpires. I'll be happy if it sells; and if it doesn't, I'll be happy with the potential trade. And if that trade doesn't work out, I don't mind keeping her, either! Dang, I sure am easy to please, huh?! ;)

19. hallsworth

hallsworth

Mar 31, 2010
    Is there no way you can get paypal? I am still very interested! Can you give me an email? nick.h.dooley at gmail dot com

20. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    No, I don't have Paypal, and have no plans to get it. Sorry.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.