1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender 08 P or Orange AD200?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by godspeed68, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Stay safe and pay off the Glaub and wait for it!

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Get the modded P5, it's a good compliment for the Glaub!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Get the AD200 as a backup!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. godspeed68

godspeed68 i'm here for the sound Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Alright, here's my deal:

I currently play through (aside from all effects) a Fender MIA 62 RI Jazz, Mesa 400 (Non plus) loaded with KT88's into a Berg NV610.

I just pulled the trigger on a Lakland USA Glaub P/J (Shoreline Gold in case anyone is wonderin') that should arrive by mid November. Payed for half of it right away ($1425)

I have the other half for the Glaub right now, but could probably save up that same amount by the time the bass is built.

Went to Willie's today and played an '08 Fender P5. It was pretty good. Pretty fuggin good considering all the new Fenders I've touched. Played it through an Orange AD200 and the Berg NV215.

BEST P SOUND I'VE EVER HAD.

I bought the P new for $1260 and have until Tuesday to bring it back. If I decide to keep it I would get a Jazz pickup installed and a different pickguard for it.

I've had problems with my Mesa in the past blowing fuses, which is why holding out for a USED AD200 (They've gone for $1600 on here) would prove to be a more than sufficient backup.

I'm trying to decide between returning the P and (hopefully) getting the backup amp, getting (essentially) a 5 string version of the Lakland I'm ordering, or just keeping the money I have to pay off the Lakland in it's entirety.

What do you think?

Tom

2. mattygbass

mattygbass Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Stafford Springs, CT
    get the glaub. youll love it. it sounds really nice in shoreline gold.im not just saying that because i have a glaub. i had an 08 pbass and much prefered the glaub so i brought back the pbass. and mines a skyline!

3. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

Keep the Glaub.( you will love it)

Or better yet, sell it to me?

4. godspeed68

godspeed68 i'm here for the sound Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Either way I will be keeping the Glaub. So Either it comes down to having a 5 string P/J in my arsenal as well, or getting a used AD200.