Fender 1 Button Footswitch wiring

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LkS, Feb 20, 2018.

1. LkS

LkS

Oct 30, 2013
    EU, Slovakia
    It was suggested I post in this section. My apologies if this is not the right section.

I own a Fender Rumble 500 V3 combo which has an overdrive channel and a separate footswitch output specifically for it.

Since the original footswitch from Fender runs at about 75 Dollars (yeah, I'm from the EU so .. import charges), I decided to go with the cheaper alternative (click for picture).

As it was (picture), the footswitch didn't work (the diode worked, but the switch was not switching the OD channel on/off as it should). No biggie, all it took was to switch the red and black wires at the jack output and the footswitch would work. But! The diode would stop working for some reason.
    So I thought switching the two diode wires (picture) at the switch would help, but it basically reverted the footswitch to it's original state somehow, so it doesn't work again ...

I would really really like to have the diode working. It seems like a really easy thing but I just have no idea what to do. Anyone here who could help?

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022