1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FENDER 1962 Vintage Reissue Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RSBass, Feb 16, 2016.

1. RSBass

RSBass I just love Jazz. Is this Jazz?

Jan 14, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    IMG_17.JPG IMG_18.JPG IMG_19.JPG IMG_21.JPG IMG_24.JPG IMG_1525.JPG IMG_1526.JPG IMG_1528.JPG IMG_1529.JPG IMG_1530.JPG IMG_1531.JPG IMG_1532.JPG IMG_1534.JPG IMG_1535.JPG View attachment 806348 View attachment 806349 View attachment 806350 View attachment 806351 View attachment 806352 View attachment 806353 View attachment 806354 View attachment 806355 View attachment 806357 View attachment 806359 View attachment 806361
    **PLEASE NOTE: Unless we're talking a one-for-one swap for your Z06 'Vette in perfect aesthetic/mechanical condition, I am not interested in trades. Looking to open up some closet storage space and make a little cash in the bargain, thanks all.

For sale here is the much-lauded FENDER 1962 Vintage Reissue Jazz Bass, now out of production. Complete in early-sixties Fender sunburst finish, gently used and kept and in nearly flawless condition.

**Special Note: This is NOT the "Fender Classic Series 60's Jazz Bass" that is currently being produced in Mexico with lesser grade materials and is generally reminiscent of the Jazz Basses of the sixties. This IS the real deal - the genuine MADE IN USA faithful recreation of the instrument made by Fender in the 1962 year and which has long been widely regarded as the high point of Fender's foray into the production of its "Jazz Bass" line. You could buy an original '62 Fender Jazz for three times as much or likely more, if you can find a worthy one for sale. Or, you can have an exact and faithful replica like this for a fraction of that price.

This vintage reissue incorporates all the various features that made the original Fender '62 Jazz Bass a collector's item to begin with including a period-correct nitro-cellulose finish, thin "C" shaped neck, pickups that have been wound to Fender vintage specs, chrome pickup and bridge covers and a beautifully pre-aged lacquer finish that gives this bass the look of an instrument that has been lightly used and has been sitting in your grandfather's closet for the past fifty years, waiting to be rediscovered by an eager collector or better yet, a player looking for a long-sought gem to call his or her own.

The sale of this instrument includes the period-correct vintage tweed case that it originally came with, another nice attention to detail that Fender had the foresight to appoint this exceptional instrument with.

The neck pocket of this bass has been sanded by a local L.A. pro luthier for a perfect fit and the bass has been recently restrung with a fresh set of Fender standard gauge nickel coated steel roundwound strings. It is currently equipped with Fender "noiseless" pickups that were installed a few years ago and are free of hum (as advertised) at any setting - absolutely quiet as a church mouse. However, I have kept the original Fender '62 vintage reissue pickups and these will also be included as part of the sale of the bass. Also included in this sale will be the original "stack knob" control plate that the bass was originally equipped with. Both the control plate and vintage reissue pickups are in perfect working order and were only swapped out to meet my personal taste at the time.

As stated above, the instrument is in nearly flawless condition. There is a small nick on the back side of the bass which has been treated to be as inconspicuous as possible and while present, it is rather difficult to notice straight away. There is also a very small blemish near the control plate on the bottom bout of the bass. Neither flaw is conspicuous and both are, in fact, difficult to locate unless you're looking for them. I've included a picture of these blemishes so as to give a better idea of their small size and location. Other than these, this is an instrument that certainly shows the care with which it has been played, treated and kept.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  2. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    I thought 62 reissues were stack knob.

7dollarbologna likes this.
  3. RSBass

Jan 14, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    Paragraph 5 in my long-winded description should clear up that little mystery.

4. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Thats what I get for not reading the entire ad. Lol.

5. RSBass

Jan 14, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    No worries, that was quite a tome to scan through!

6. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    I want this so bad! Gotta sell one to get one.

7. RSBass

Jan 14, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'd sell that other one quick. I've gotten a few nibbles over this past week already. Only a matter of time before the right someone realizes what a deal this is and snaps it up, it's priced a few hundred dollars low. Not to mention the extras involved, all gratis. I'm actually a little surprised it's not gone already.

8. RSBass

Jan 14, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sold.