SOLD FENDER 1968 Telecaster Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xsubs, Apr 22, 2017.

1. xsubs

xsubs Working Class Hero

Jul 15, 2007
    NYC & Corcaigh, Éire
    Endorsing Artist: Hiwatt Amplification & Rotosound Strings
    Price:
    $0
    Strings:
    Up for sale is my 1968 Fender Telecaster Bass.
    Originally a blue floral model, according to the previous owner and some evidence remaining on the bass along with the original clear guard (included). The body now sports a Firemist Gold relic job, done by Danocaster.
    Nearly everything on the bass is original, other than the refinish. There are a couple pickguard screws that have been replaced, and one of the height adjustment screws… the originals are included. In addition the input jack was replaced with an Electrosocket… the original cup jack is included in the sale as well. The pickguard that was on it when I bought it was too green and didn’t fit well. I replaced that with a period correct (no bevel) W/B/W guard, that looks “right” on the Firemist finish. Screw holes that didn’t line up have been plugged.
    The frets were professionally leveled, crowned and polished last year. The bass plays really well, and is very light for a Tele… weighing in at 8.5 lbs.
    The OHSC, which has seen better days but is quite serviceable, is included. The bass is ready to go, and needs nothing.

SOLD

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    e-flat, denton57, Lesgo and 6 others like this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022