1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender 1994-5 MIJ 75 Reissue Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tom F, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Tom F

Tom F

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    Price:
    Varies
    Strings:
    4/20/15 Edit - Only the Jazz remains. The AVRI P-bass is sold, and I'm pulling the other precision down for now to replace the DiMarzio with a EMG Geezer Butler setup and a black pickguard.

Clearing out some old gear to make room for new stuff. Willing to discount if you are local or buy more than one item, and open to trades for other basses (I can add some $$ to the right deal). Pics in the posts to follow. All prices include shipping to the continental US. No problem with Canada or international shipping - PM me and we can work something out.

SOLD 1994-5 Fender '75 RI Jazz Bass - Made in Japan - $700 OBO shipped or Trade SOLD
    Natural finish, maple neck and fretboard with pearl block inlays. Weighs a hair over 9 lbs. In very good shape, but there is belt buckle rash and some dings and dents. Crack in the neck finish along the skunk stripe, which is a relatively common issue and does not affect the stability of the neck. All original parts with the exception of the electronics, which have been upgraded to CTS pots and a Switchcraft jack. Original electronics (fully wired control plate with pots, jack, and knobs) included. Comes with a hardshell case and currently wearing a set of newish rounds. Would love to find a Music Man bass in trade, but am open to anythuing.

SOLD - 1997 Fender 1962 American Vintage Reissue - Made in USA - $750 OBO shipped - SOLD
    This one breaks my heart. American '62 reissue in my favorite color combo - black with tort guard and rosewood board, 8.5 lbs. In good shape with some honest player wear and one big ding in the back. The main issue is that the truss rod is maxed out. I added washers under the truss rod nut, but it didn't fix the problem. The good news is that the bass is still very playable: the neck is pretty straight and the action is reasonably low. You could probably string it up with a set of TI flats and never worry about it again. Comes with the original tweed hardshell case, pickup cover, and Fender strap (bridge cover is lost to the sands of time). If you have a spare neck lying around or are a more capable luthier than me, this is a great project.

2005 Fender Classic 50's Precision Bass - Made in Mexico - $No Longer Available
    Some minor play wear, but no major issues. Classy looking black/maple finish. Has a DiMarzio DP-127 pickup and white pickguard installed. Currently wearing a set of flats and comes with a hardshell case. I pulled the pickguard and the components are all high quality (CTS pots, etc), but it looks like whoever did the pickup/pickguard swap caused some damage to the finish around the pickup. Regardless, a nice playing, powerful sounding bass. Reasonably light at a hair under 9 lbs.

00l0l_cDoqYiLyenT_600x450.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    R&B likes this.
  2. Tom F

Tom F

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
  3. Tom F

Tom F

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    fourtet102 likes this.
  4. Tom F

Tom F

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
  5. Tom F

Tom F

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    Lunch time bump. Some really interesting offers, but no deals yet.

6. stevethebassguy

stevethebassguy

Feb 3, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Endorsing Artist, MonoCase, Aguilar Amplification
    pm'd

7. Arch58

Arch58 Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    PM'd

8. Tom F

Tom F

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    Shipping out the '62 RI Precision today, and decided to take the plunge and do a rebuild on the MIM Classic 50's. Ordered a EMG Geezer Butler setup and black pickguard last night, so we'll see how that all turns out.

The only bass that remains right now is the MIJ '75 RI Jazz. Still open to trades and/or offers, and still have some dinero left in the gear fund to add to a trade.

Otherwise, happy Monday!

9. Tom F

Tom F

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    Bump for a cool bass. Currently wearing a set of pretty new D'Addario rounds, if that makes a difference.

10. Alyssa

Alyssa

Sep 27, 2014
    Would you consider parting it out so I could buy the neck?

11. Tom F

Tom F

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    I'm not interested in parting this one out, only because it works so well as a whole instrument. Thanks though.

12. Alyssa

Alyssa

Sep 27, 2014
    Ahh oh well, it's very nice looking bass so.... bump.

13. Tom F

Tom F

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    Probably (but don't hold me to it) the last bump for this. Finally got everything dialed in with the rounds and it's just a really nice Jazz bass.

Also, if somebody wants to do a trade with this by itself or along with the B-50R I have listed over on the amp side I'll of course consider it. Otherwise, I think I'm losing the will to wheel and deal. I've moved a lot of gear in and our over the last year and a half, even for me, and there's a growing part of me that just wants to play.

Is this the end of GAS? There's a part of me that hopes it is, and another part of me that hopes it isn't! Regardless, happy Thursday everybody.

14. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    ^ No Tom, it's not the end of GAS. Just a temporary lull. Trust me. ;)

That Jazz is beautiful. I already have too many Jazzes, or I'd be figuring what I could trade you. Just be patient - it'll move for sure. Gorgeous...

Tom F likes this.
  15. Tom F

Tom F

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    I don't disagree Jeff - although even if GAS isn't over, at this point I would be OK with a temporary reprieve!

Edit - looks like we're all done - Jazz was sold and paid for today. Got the pickguard for the Classic 50's precision, and am returning the Geezer setup in favor of a Aguilar 4P-60 which should be here in a few weeks. Now it's time to go shopping!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015