Fender 2 tone sunburst

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by levijames, Jun 4, 2004.

1. levijames

May 29, 2004
    Does Fender still make this color?I bought a MIA Fender Jazz about a year ago-and had to call many music stores and finally got the last one available at Musicians Friend,I love this color,and several people have commented on it and want it also,but cannot find it.From all the literature I see,it isnt even listed as an available color any longer.Best reason I heard is that Fender considers it a "vintage" color and limits its production-is this true?Any help is appreciated!Thx!!
  2. bino

bino Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    I know they offer it on the MIM P Special as well as the 57 P reissue. Not sure about any others. Both come with a gold anodized pickguard with looks killer with that 2 tone finish.
  3. I know they still offer it on some Strat & Telecaster models. It's usually only offered with an ash body, and is about $100 extra. I can't think of exactly which models they are, but whenever I look at my Musiciansfriend catalog, I always see them.

I'll have to check out the basses tonight.

4. levijames

May 29, 2004
    I have seen it on some Tele modles also,nut on the basses I dont see it anymore,except on the Sting signature bass