1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender 300 PS

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ryan B, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Ryan B

Ryan B

Apr 30, 2015
    Howdy folks. New member. Just a couple of days ago, I picked up a 300 PS that was in great shape for a price that even I find kind of stupid. It is in great shape, sounded great at lower volumes but would distort at anything passed 3 on my vol. my amp tech is currently going over and said mots of the caps are great, tubes all check out but a few smaller cheaper parts (I forget which) need to be replaced. He fixed the distortion at low vols but is curious as to the lower than expected volume for a 300W tube amp. He has it for another week or so till its fixed.

Most curious about the experiences others have had with them, the reliability, cab types, tubes you are using and frequency of change, what ever knowledge and exp you have or had.

Thx kindly

Ryan