Fender 300Pro spring noise

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StingrayKid21, Jun 10, 2005.

1. StingrayKid21

StingrayKid21 Holding down the low-end since 1996.

Oct 7, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Hey gang!

I just bought the Fender 215 cab companion to my Fender 300Pro amp. I was playing in my garage and noticed that when I play an E (or D# somewhat) a couple of the springs that surround the power tubes rattle and cause quite a bit of noise. I'm not sure if this has been happening for long since when I would play with my old band I wouldn't be able to hear it over everything, but I don't remember hearing it whenever I would jam alone (amp was run through my 8x10). So today I watched the back of the amp while I played and it only appears to be vibrating the springs on 2 of the 6 power tubes. Any ideas on how to remedy this? I can't hear it through the amp, but I can hear it echoing through the amp housing and it's a little annoying. Any advice would be great!!

Thanks!!
    Justin

2. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    that's a near perfect rig--imo--300t w/ 2x15"! Can you isolate the head from the cab or put some type of dampening material between head and cab--other option is to get different springs or clip the ones you have shorter so they hold tighter

3. StingrayKid21

StingrayKid21 Holding down the low-end since 1996.

Oct 7, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Thanks Watspan! I'm going to try and isolate the head and cab today and see if that makes a difference. If so then I will probably buy a foam pad to put between them. I'm amazed at how light the 215 is. It's a little bulky but I can lift it and move it by myself since it's only around 93 lbs... (the 300Pro only weighs a little less at 75lbs. haha). Thanks for the advice!