Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender 300Pro spring noise

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StingrayKid21, Jun 10, 2005.

1. StingrayKid21

StingrayKid21 Holding down the low-end since 1996.

Oct 7, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Hey gang!

I just bought the Fender 215 cab companion to my Fender 300Pro amp. I was playing in my garage and noticed that when I play an E (or D# somewhat) a couple of the springs that surround the power tubes rattle and cause quite a bit of noise. I'm not sure if this has been happening for long since when I would play with my old band I wouldn't be able to hear it over everything, but I don't remember hearing it whenever I would jam alone (amp was run through my 8x10). So today I watched the back of the amp while I played and it only appears to be vibrating the springs on 2 of the 6 power tubes. Any ideas on how to remedy this? I can't hear it through the amp, but I can hear it echoing through the amp housing and it's a little annoying. Any advice would be great!!

Thanks!!
    Justin

2. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    that's a near perfect rig--imo--300t w/ 2x15"! Can you isolate the head from the cab or put some type of dampening material between head and cab--other option is to get different springs or clip the ones you have shorter so they hold tighter

3. StingrayKid21

StingrayKid21 Holding down the low-end since 1996.

Oct 7, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Thanks Watspan! I'm going to try and isolate the head and cab today and see if that makes a difference. If so then I will probably buy a foam pad to put between them. I'm amazed at how light the 215 is. It's a little bulky but I can lift it and move it by myself since it's only around 93 lbs... (the 300Pro only weighs a little less at 75lbs. haha). Thanks for the advice!