Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender 300PS

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Virus, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Virus

Virus

Apr 16, 2004
    Ontario
    Well I came across one on eBay. I've decided to try and get it, so far I'm the only bidder and there's one day left. The "buy it now" price is $675 USD which for one of these heads seems a bit more then I want to pay. I'm not sure what the reserve is but it is not met.

What do you think would be a fair price including shipping from Texas to London Ontario Canada for a perfectly functional Fender 300PS without floor switch and obviously a few scuffs?

Has anyone actually played these amps? If so how do they sound with the distortion on with bass? Just curious, probably won't use that very much.

Lastly which 8 ohm 215 cab do you think would match this head nicely?

2. Virus

Virus

Apr 16, 2004
    Ontario
    Does everyone hate Fender threads so much they can't even post what the amps are worth?

Sorry to be hastey but need an idea quick.

3. They're rare, hard to work on, and only have a single 8 ohm output if you want full power. That one is overpriced, IMO.

4. Virus

Virus

Apr 16, 2004
    Ontario
    Looks like I'm going to have to wait even more for an amp, I think I'll have to find something I like locally or buy brand new which I will never afford.

Shipping would have been way to much for me.

5. chout

chout

Dec 21, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    I had one of these for a few years in the late 90's. I paid $300us. Guess how much I had to pay to replace the tubes??? $300. I sold it soon after to a store for half the price! There's no denying that it wasn't powerful though with my svt cab. Its a very heavy head (75-80lbs) so I'm sure shipping would be a lot. $675 would be too much to pay, IMHO.