1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

fender 400 pro combo (210 w/ tuner)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoeyBass, Apr 12, 2006.

1. i know these run for about a grand are they worth the price??? hows the sound quality??? just curious to see if anyone might own it and have had problems plz post back soon & let me know whats up

:confused::bassist: :confused:

2. Sako

Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    i had one -- bought it new. it is truly a fantastic amp. great eq, gives good growl, cuts through the mix, and the Korg tuner was a nice touch. the ONLY negative i could give it is its weight -- 80 lbs. and thats only because i have a bad back. soundwise, it almost has too many options. great amp.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    A 212 cab can be nearly this heavy. But, hey, that's what drummers are for. To carry the other half of the amp.

4. although its a but on the expensive side do you recommend and if so what basses would you reccomend to play through it
    i currently own a jazz deluxe (MIM)

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Nothing wrong playing a fender through a fender. I always liked fenders big bass heads. The combos are pretty sweet.

6. Sako

Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    absolutely. i was playing a Jazz with my 400 pro -- nice combination. they are expensive, see if you can find one used, that might drop them down to the $650-700 range.

7. thanks for the help yall