1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender 5 string headstocks - bad or worse?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 2meterbassman, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Hi there,

as I am looking for one of my next basses (hehehehe, the next will be a Spector for sure), I compared some more "classic" looking basses, like Fender and Music Man.

Problem: I prefer 5-string basses.

And to me, the Fender 5-string headstock is the ugliest piece of guitar design ever.
    Compare the 5-string Fender headstock with the same by Music Man.
    The Music Man headstock looks great, the Fender looks like "hey guys, where to place the 5th tuner? Mmmmh, ok, let's place it here and later we will find a better place for it".

So the form of the headstock by Music Man fits with 5 tuners, the Fender won't.

I would like to buy a Fender Jazz Bass 5 string, but not with that creepy headstock.

Isn't there a Jazz Bass with 5 tuners in a line?

Thx for answers, greetz

2. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    MIM deluxe 5.

3. I like the Fender V headstock! More than that simple line. IMHO, THAT is ugly.

4. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    I believe Fender American Deluxes up to 2002ish were 5 in a line. We see them from time to time on the classifieds.