1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender 5 String Jazz (MIM)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Doug Parent, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Got this in a recent trade and it's a sweet playing 5'er for sure.

As is my practice, I will first cover any wear/tear on any of the basses I post here.

Scratches: There are some minute surface scratches under the B string from a thumb near the pickguard, and just north of the pickguard towards the upper horn. I think these scratches could be buffed out by a competent repair tech. There are also some incidental scratches on the very end of the headstock, not at all noticeable from front or back.

The control plate: This has some corrosion on it in spots by the jack. Maybe it's because San Diego is a coastal area. New control plates are $10.

I replaced the truss nut with a brand new one, the old one was cracked. The plastic insert in the truss rod nut channel came out with the old truss nut but does not rattle or otherwise affect function in any way. The truss rod works as it should, all is well.

On to the gooder stuff:

I've seen-played some Mexican 5's with baseball bat necks, not this one! This neck is a real honey and the BEST part about this bass.

I would describe the neck profile as VERY comfy and slim. It plays better and cleaner than an American Standard Fender I owned recently.

The grain and quality of the wood is just beautiful as you will see in the pics to follow.

I installed a pair of Seymour Duncan Bassline single coils and the sound is very solid from the B string all the way up.

Rosewood/Alder means this is a vintage sounding bass with a solid fundamental. The new pickups render good low end focus and definition compared to the original pickups, and these have an edgy high end that cuts through very well.

Everything else about the bass is stock. This will sell for $400 plus all shipping and handling extra. There is no case unfortunately but I wrap everything I sell in plastic and then go over board in packing materials.

No trades at this time.

2. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    check out the grain!

3. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Basslines Single Coils. Almost ZERO fret wear.

4. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    More grain from back of headstock. Another shot of the scratches under the B string

5. Doug Parent

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Bump for a good playing great sounding bass.

6. dostavkausa

dostavkausa Snowflake, AZ

Nov 8, 2009
    Snowflake,AZ
    Hi I am interested in this bass please send me an invoice for quick payment
    Thanks,
    Stan
    PM sent