Fender 50's Classic P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jazz3625tonic, Jan 7, 2006.

1. jazz3625tonic

Sep 28, 2003
    :help: I know there is a lot of great things being said for the new Classic 60's jazz but has anyone had their hands on the new 50's Classic P-Bass yet? The Feista Red looks awsome. :) I'm about ready to pull the trigger anyway I think!
  2. I asked the same question a few months back and there are a few guys here who have them and love them. I plan to pull the trigger myself in a couple of months.
  3. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I briefly plucked one today in the store. For a MIM Fender, it felt quite nice.
  4. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    I briefly played one about a month ago in N.Y.C. I didn't plug in, but in my experience one can learn much about a bass by its acoustic tone -- and this one was great. It had a vibrant, woody resonance that I suspect would produce an excellent amplified tone. Neck felt nice too (despite the 1.75" nut width), so I think it's a solid choice for a relatively inexpensive P. If I didn't have a great maple fretboard P already, I'd consider one.
  5. jazz3625tonic

Sep 28, 2003
    When I do get the bass I will post Pics and let you know what I think...Build quality, sound ect.. I AB'd an American P and a MIM P yesterday and and I can say this about the sound of both. With both basses set the same (TONE KNOB) and the S-1 switch off on the American, the amp set bass 3/4 and mid set flat as well as the treble the American had a thicker buttery type of tone as compared to the MIM. However, The MIM had a bit more output and while not as thick it was not far off! The payability was very good as was the build quality. I aslo talked to a guy that took a visit of the Fender factory in Mexico and he said it was to his surprise "State of the Art", very high morale and attention to detail given on all aspects of the building of basses and guitars. I'm a bit excited to get this Classic P! :hyper: I just hope the Feista Red is the same type of red I'm seeing in the pictures.
  6. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Played one, great bass for the money.
    One of Fenders better buys.
  7. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I'm considering one right now (among many other things), and I've heard pretty much nothing but positive feedback about em.