Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender 50s Precision Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stingus, Aug 3, 2005.

1. I tried doing a search for this, but came up with nothing.

I know this is fairly new, but has anyone had a chance to play one of these? I want one!!

It's nice to know they are somehow listening to me! First the Esquire returns, then they make a 50's precision with a maple board and gold pickguard, hopefully they are still reading my mind and will come out with the "70's Jazz Bass" with ash/alder body and maple neck... ;)

2. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    a coworker of mine has a 50's Precision bass.. sunburst.. we're still trying to find the price of it (probably around 2k) and he's gonna let me play it sometimet his week or next week.

3. Stingus, if you're talking about one of these: http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0190115801 they are fantastic!

I played one about a year ago and would have bought it, but I was looking for a Peavey Cirrus 5 at the time.

The tone and the feel are very close to a Pre-CBS Precision, and I know a little about them, as an old friend of mine had a Pre-CBS Precision which I must have played 50 times.

If/when I decide to get a nice vintage Fender, it's either going to be a '57 or a '62.

The Sam Ash Manhattan store has one in stock right now that's in excellent shape.

Mmmmm. :cool:

Mike ;)

4. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
  5. Exactly.

There was a time when those '57 Reissues weren't so pricey, and I wanted one.

To me the ultimate sound of electric bass is a Fender Precision Bass with a maple fretboard...

L

6. Cerpin Taxt

Cerpin Taxt

Jun 12, 2005
    I've had my eye on the 57 as well.... does anyone know what I good price for one of these (used or new) would be?

7. The brand new one in Sam Ash had $1,314.99 on the sales ticket. That was less than a week ago.

Mike