1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FENDER 57 reissue p-bass question???help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by angelopbass, May 18, 2011.

1. angelopbass

angelopbass Supporting Member

May 18, 2011
    struthers, ohio
    i just won a u.s.a. 57 reissue fender p-bass neck on ebay today (350bux, not bad eh?) anyways i have a 98 u.s.a. standard pbass. i shouldve researched this before but does anyone know if the neck will be a direct replacement to mine? also, will my fender f-stamped schaller tuners fit? kinda worried...:help: thanks

2. tortburst

tortburst Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2007
    New Jersey
    The neck should fit just fine, not sure about the tuners.

350 is an awesome deal, how was the listing described? Was the title misspelled or something?

3. Antny

Antny

Jan 30, 2011
    New York
    Sounds great, congrats! But I can't opine on whether it's a good deal or not without holding the neck in my hands, or knowing the condition of the frets, truss rod, nut, etc. It should fit your body, yes. As for the tuners, measure the bores to make sure you order the proper tuners/ferrules.

4. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    I'll bet the tuners won't fit the other neck. They are replicas of the original Fender "backward" tuners and are designed to SAE specs while the Schallers are metric. "Backward," by the way, refers to the fact that the knobs are rotated in the opposite direction from most guitar and bass tuners. In other words, to sharp a string, the key is turned clockwise when looking at it from the side.

I assume the neck came without tuners. If you're lucky, the '57 neck holes will be smaller than the Schallers, and you can just enlarge them to accommodate the new tuners. Otherwise you may need to find something else that will fit. Stewmac has a selection of tuners: STEWMAC.COM : Bass tuners

I've swapped necks among Fenders several times without problems, by the way.

5. tortburst

tortburst Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2007
    New Jersey
    My bad I thought you got an av57 bass for 350, that would be awesome.

350 for an av57 neck is still good, just not as jaw dropping

6. angelopbass

angelopbass Supporting Member

May 18, 2011
    struthers, ohio
    thanks, im hoping the neck fits the body more than anything. i also have a set of tuners from my 60th anniversary highway 1 bass. i believe they are the same as mexican standards. anyone know if those have a better chance of fitting?

7. Those wont fit without new mounting holes.

8. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
  9. I have a 57 P that's sporting my MIA 00 jazz neck, perfect fit. Also, IMO the 57 P is one of the best production P's around. I guess mine is closer to a 59 P now:)