Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender '60s Classic Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FooBass, Sep 18, 2004.

1. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    The description doesn't convice me it's anything special. For that money, you could get a used USA Jazz.

2. rubo

rubo

Aug 25, 2003
    $650 for Mexican made, no way. Get a USA one on Ebay.

Cheers

3. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    The 60's Jazz bass is surprisingly good. It's the only Fender on www.basstasters.com. Check out the sound clips.

4. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    BTW I got that one on Ebay for $300

5. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    Virginia
    I can't get to the link you provided but, the 60's jazz basses are really nice. I bought one over several MIA's because, well, umm....it sounded better.

6. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Let us know how you like it ??

I played one at GC and, despite the poor setup,thought it sounded and felt great. The Vintage look to the neck inparticular is also a plus. (however not as important as the tone ) I believe the Fender catalog says it has the same pickups as the Geddy. "Standard Vintage" Down side to the bass is it has 60's truss rod. Remove neck to adjust,put neck back on ,see if adjustment was right , remove neck to readjust...
    What stopped me from buying one ? The fact that for $630. there are a lot of better used basses out there. These will be great basses to grab when they start showing up used !!

7. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Sounds great, I was really surprised. Of course, now that it has Carey Nordstrand's NJ4 pickups in it, the sound is amazing. Highly recommend those p/u's. Playability is superb, and the neck is very straight. It's possible I lucked into a good one of the batch, but it's as good as the American Std I used to own, and now with Carey's help, 10 times better!

8. I played one at a local shop. Great bass, that I found much better than a MIM and played about as well as my MIA. Sound was pretty good, and it looked really nice. Might be a little expensive for some, but I think it's worth it as an intermediary between MIA and MIM. Used, a bass to look out for. Very cool bass.