Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender '60s Classic Jazz Oly White w/MODS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Craig Garfinkel, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    For sale:

Brand spankin' new, never gigged, modified Fender '60s Classic Jazz Bass in Olympic White, with gigbag (the crappy Fender bag it came with).

The modifications already made include Hipshot D-Tuner and Gotoh bridge. I'll include the original bridge and tuner, of course.

Now here's where it gets really interesting. I have the following items I'd like to include to make this an absolutely awesome package deal:

1) Brand new Fender Custom Shop '60s J Bass pickup set.
    2) Sadowsky Outboard Preamp. (old style NOT the stomp box/DI)
    3) Brand new Undercover Double Gig Bag (RED).

Here's the deal:

Bass Only - $650
    Bass + Pickups (NOT INSTALLED) - $750
    Bass + Pickups + Sadowsky Preamp - $850
    Bass + Pickups + Sadowsky Pre + Double Gigbag - $1000

I will NOT sell any of the "extras" without the bass. Sorry.

NO PAYPAL. MONEY ORDER OR CERTIFIED (BANK) CHECK ONLY.

BUYER PAYS ACTUAL SHIPPING COSTS. I will pay for professional packing.

2. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Sweeeeet! Great bass for the money! Specially with the extras!
    Alone, no special pickups, it's STILL an awesome deal!

That's way too many exclamation marks but when I'm excited I'm excited.

3. zac2944

zac2944 Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    You consider $700 + shipping for a used MIM Classic 60's Jazz a good deal? :eyebrow:

That's what they sell for new and they come with a gig bag and free shipping.

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemID=19049&TempID=6&departmentid=0

I know you get a d-tuner and a new bridge, but still, "Sweeeeet!" ???

4. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
  5. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN

If anyone pays $700 for any MIM jazz, they're getting taken to the cleaners.........:scowl:

This on the other hand being a MIJ sounds like a great deal....especially with all the goodies and being my fav color......Good luck sellin it.....

6. zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY

Woops.

I've never seen a Classic 60's MIJ, only MIM.

7. zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Hey Craig, can you post some pics?
    What year is the bass?

8. Interested In Trades

9. fresnorich

fresnorich

Sep 17, 2003
    Fresno, CA
    That's because there are none. Unless, he meant a MIJ '62 RI.

10. zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    C'mon Craig. What gives?

11. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    It was my belief these were made in Japan, my bad if it's Mexico. The Fender site used to list this info, but looks like no longer.

This bass is essentially brand new. Never been gigged, left the house once for rehearsal.

I purchased the bass new from music123.com last November, so it's a 2005.

The $700 price includes Hipshot D-Tuner ($84) plus a Gotoh 201C bridge ($30).

The crappy Fender gig bag these basses come with is included.

The other gig bag offered in the "package deal" is a brand new, again never left the house, Under Cover double gig bag I purchased from Bass Central. They sell for $199 new.

Inquiries and requests for clarification are welcomed. If anyone actually interested in this bass feels the price is out of line, then PM me with an offer and I'll consider it. I'm not out to rip anybody off.

12. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Sorry, not interested in trades.

13. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
  14. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Im so confused as to what this bass is.

BUMp!

15. sublimate

sublimate

Jan 12, 2006
    Does it say on the headstock where it was made?

16. woof*

woof*

Feb 3, 2006
    serial?

17. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Sorry you're still confused. Follow the link above to the Fender website, or the link to Sam Ash that zac2944 provided. I now am about 99.9% sure it's made in Mexico. The bass is at my office currently (I'll be there in about 5 hours), but the serial number probably starts with "MN" which means made in Mexico.

I paid $699 for my bass new which again is in Olympic White finish. The bass as pictured in both above links is 3 tone sunburst finish (which costs $35 more, not that that matters).

Again, I have added the Hipshot D-Tuner http://www.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=60 or "Bass Xtender" key, as they now call them, which cost me $84; and a Gotoh 201C that I purchased from Warmoth for $30 http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/bridges/bridges.cfm?fuseaction=bridges_gotoh_201 which noticably improves the tone and sustain of the bass over the vintage style bridge that came with the bass.

Doing the math, it cost me $814 for the bass I'm asking $700 for. Since purchased I have actually played the bass for no more than 45 minutes total. It is absolutely "mint".

If in anyone's opinion the addition of the Hipshot Bass Xtender key (which for those who may not know allows you to drop tune the E string on the fly) and better bridge do not compensate for the "used" condition of the originally $699 bass, then I am not offended in the least that this bass doesn't interest at the price I'm asking.

Regarding shipping. I am not Sam Ash or Music 123, so I don't provide "free" shipping.

18. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Prices reduced.