1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender 60s Jazz Bass (the new one, not vintage)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Russell L, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    Anyone tried one? Sound good? Play well? Feel good? What? $749 at MF. I'm just curious if it's a decent axe.

2. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Vergennes,VT USA
    Hi There,
    Yes they are nice basses. Great neck but I found the Road Worn Jazz to fell better I had a sunburst 60's for a while but GAS got the better of me and I sold it. As with many basses you may want to try out several similar specimens to pick the right one.

Or order three from MF and return the ones you didn't like!

Brent

3. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    Hey, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I got DA GAS, too. Last week it was the Mike Dirnt Precision. Have mercy!:help:

Thing is, my MIA Jazz has a dead spot that drives me nuts (C# on the G string, right where you don't want it). I was pondering whether to sell it, and then was thinking what I'd replace it with. Another MIA might be best, but I like that 60s if it's a good thing.

4. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    Anyone else got a word or two?

5. Rocker949

Rocker949

Apr 20, 2005
    I'm curious about this bass, too.

6. Willicious

Willicious Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    they're great basses. i replaced the pups and electronics in mine, but you might be surprised with the out of box tone.

fit and finish were excellent. frets sprouted a tiny bit after the bass acclimated to the dry weather here, but that's very common as the rosewood dries out.

i bought mine brand new back in early 2009, and ended up selling it two years later simply because i wanted to get back into the precision realm.

+1 to try before you buy.

and, you're very likely to have a dead spot in whatever you choose.