Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender 60's Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DreamJazz, Nov 5, 2002.

1. The new Fender Classic series 60's Jazz looks like a really nice bass to me and I was wondering If anyone here has played one. First off is it USA Made or MIM ??? Does it play real well like most American Fender Jazz basses do ? Does it have string through body down by the bridge ? And last but not least would this bass achive bassicly the same tone that you think of when you think about That Jazz bass sound in general ?

What would be better, this bass or just a new American Fender Jazz ? or would they possibly be equal ?

2. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
    MIM

Very good quality and playability.

The parts list is very close to the American Vintage model.

This offers vintage J tone, whereas an Am Series is a little more modern sounding. So, it depends what you want. This is very close to the AmV 62 J for about half the price.

3. I've tried them out at the local GC. Really nice basses - might get me one when I have cash burning a hole in my wallet

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've tried a few in a few different stores & compared them to USA '62 RI's & I like the MIM 60's Classic alot better. The neck felt better, is souded better. YMMV.