1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender 60's Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DreamJazz, Nov 5, 2002.

1. The new Fender Classic series 60's Jazz looks like a really nice bass to me and I was wondering If anyone here has played one. First off is it USA Made or MIM ??? Does it play real well like most American Fender Jazz basses do ? Does it have string through body down by the bridge ? And last but not least would this bass achive bassicly the same tone that you think of when you think about That Jazz bass sound in general ?

What would be better, this bass or just a new American Fender Jazz ? or would they possibly be equal ?

2. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
    MIM

Very good quality and playability.

The parts list is very close to the American Vintage model.

This offers vintage J tone, whereas an Am Series is a little more modern sounding. So, it depends what you want. This is very close to the AmV 62 J for about half the price.

3. I've tried them out at the local GC. Really nice basses - might get me one when I have cash burning a hole in my wallet

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've tried a few in a few different stores & compared them to USA '62 RI's & I like the MIM 60's Classic alot better. The neck felt better, is souded better. YMMV.