1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender 60th Anniversary Jazz Bass - Mint

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by deanopt, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deanopt

deanopt

Jan 19, 2008
    2006 Fender 60th Anniversary Made in USA Jazz Bass, Two Color Sunburst, Inlayed Headstock Jewel, 60th Anniversary Case...AMAZING!!!! Please request additional photos from dptucker@cablespeed.com. I have quite a few so if you want to see something specific, please let me know. Will ship most anywhere as long as payment has cleared my bank. This bass is truly in mint condition!

This is truly a beautiful looking and sounding instrument! The finish is exceptional and the bass is in mint condition, NO...I don't mean near mint, I mean mint. It still has the protective cover and decals on the pickguard and the fit and finish is flawless. Following is an excerpt from a review on BGRA that pretty much sums up this instrument.

"The guitar has a nice weight that sits really comfortably on your body with absolutely no discomfort. You can barely feel the body of the guitar against your own. The 34 inch fretboard is easily within reach at all times. I have been playing this bass for a few weeks now, non-stop each day (student on Spring Break) and I have felt absolutely no discomfort at any time. They really couldn't make this bass more comfortable to wear or play.

Continuing with the fretboard, Fender used Rosewood on this model. The fretboard feels extremely soft and quick when played, allowing you to perform some real nimble and dexterous fills with little effort at all. The action on this bass is fairly low, again contributing to fast and effortless fretting. Of course this is easily adjusted to personal taste, but I was pleasantly surprised to pick the bass up and find the action pretty much perfect for myself right out of the case.

Fender is using their American Vintage Single Coil pickups, and they really do make this bass sound like a dream. The range of tone that this bass can produce is breathtaking. I am absolutely overwhelmed by the tone produced by the E-string. It growls, a deep sound with plenty of balls, but at no point is any clarity of the note lost, none whatsoever. It is a truely pure bass sound.

The tone coming from the D and G strings is extremely warm and full. I prefer to string my G with a .55 rather than a .45 or a .40, and with this bass, the custom guage is even more recomended. It is absolutely immense to hear a jazzy fill on the D and G strings when using a thicker custom guage. Clear, bright tone with a bit of kick behind it. Perfect.

I could go on for ages about this bass, it really does amaze me how beautiful an instrument it is. But I have to end this review somewhere." :hyper:

Attached Files:

2. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Free bump for a sweet bass. I just bought its Precision cousin in a lefty version and its a beautifully crafted instrument. The case is to die for as well!

3. Hazybass

Hazybass

Dec 28, 2007
    email sent

4. deanopt

deanopt

Jan 19, 2008
    Bump

5. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten
    Free Bump

I own the exact bass. All I can say it this thing does it all. It has an S1 switch so along with the growl of the back jazz pup, it gets a really good P bass tone as well. I love mine, very versitle. I just strung mine with flats...it's a freaking monster!

I bet it's P bass cousin is amazing as well.

6. Wanna trade straight up for my MIA Fender Jazz 5string with Aguilar Preamp and Bartolini Pickups???

Let me know. I need a 4-string for my Led Zeppelin Tribute Band.

7. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten
    Another thing, I just looked at what I paid for mine...this thing is listed way cheaper then what it was originally sold for, and it's in mint conditiion. I wish I would of saw this ad before I bought mine. What a great price! My bass is worth every penny I paid, but this is a great price for a very underrated bass.

8. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Almost positive my 60th didn't have a S1 switch.:confused:

In any case, this is the best looking/playing Jazz released since pre-CBS IMO. Amazing amazing bass well worth the $$$.

P.S. The silver case alone is worth $300+!!!!

P.P.S.... Where is the bass located?

9. deanopt

deanopt

Jan 19, 2008
    Bass is located in Michigan, but I'm willing to ship. All 60th Anniversary Jazz had the S-1 Switch. Truly a beautiful looking and playing bass!

10. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    I'd love to see some close ups of the body, front and back, as well as the case. I'd guess I'm not the only one.

11. I have it's Precision-bass cousin as well.
    OUTSTANDING bass.. I will shortly be in the market for THIS bass, as I have decided I want the Jazz Bass version of this as well.
    Are you open to trades?

12. deanopt

deanopt

Jan 19, 2008
    Shoot an email to dptucker@cablespeed.com and I'll send you the big guns. THe bass is mint...not one scratch anywhere...except on the film covering the pickguard from fingernails. :hyper:

Attached Files:

13. deanopt

deanopt

Jan 19, 2008
    Sorry, Krugmeister...would really like to sell.

14. deanopt

deanopt

Jan 19, 2008
    Bump

15. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten
    I can't believe this bass is still here!

This has to be one of the best jazz bases Fender has put out.

It's essentially a 62 reissue American with an S1 switch....seriously this thing is a monster. When I first bought it and it had rounds on it, it has to be one of the best basses for slap that I have heard. Kick in the S1 switch and talk about FAT tone! This thing can hang with any P bass (seriously) and still get you the grindy tone off the back pick up..even can get a Jacoesque...super verstile! I would put this up against vertually any American jazz out there..I love mine and I will never part with it. I get nothing but compliments on my tone.

16. deanopt

deanopt

Jan 19, 2008
    BUMP

17. ItsNotMeTalking

ItsNotMeTalking

Feb 16, 2005
    Hi, can you ship it to Argentina via USPS Priority maiL?
    the neck would need to be removed because of size limits (42" max lenght)
    and ship it in one or two boxes, cases cant be shipped.
    would you be ok with that?
    thanks, Ivan

18. deanopt

deanopt

Jan 19, 2008
    Sure...let me know how you'd like to proceed. If you wouldn't mind, email me direct at dptucker@cablespeed.com

Dean

19. pm request for pics sent

20. deanopt

deanopt

Jan 19, 2008
    BUMP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.