1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender 62 American Vintage RI jazz-'Burst, Case and Case Candy

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by A-Step-Towards, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don’t like to say "this is the best bass i have ever owned" because in reality why would I be selling it then? I can say its the best jazz bass I have owned, by rough estimate I have had at least 30 Jazz basses-its number 1 in that regard.

Why am I selling it? I am realizing as much as I love to have a lot of basses, its become burdensome. I have any other avenues I'd like to explore in life, one of which is moving internationally late this year or early next year-I can bring one bass when I move and that will be my ric-I will miss this bass, but its time to move on.

I was told its a 2001 , i never pulled the neck to check. This bass must have never saw a gig, it also must have never saw more then 10 hours of playing time as its pretty much spotless. The neck is perfect, the frets are perfect and it has the darkest rosewood board I have seen on a "newer" fender. The body has the lightest of surface clear coat scratches on the back and maybe some light ones here and there on other areas, all could be buffed out-but seriously I am really being picking ,most would say its mint. It plays great , has medium action , sounds fantastic and its light. I have no idea of its weight but i would be shocked to here its more then 8.5- I would guess 8 or less. Its a light one.

The case is perfect, literally. All the case candy is there but the cord they come with. Also it only has a bridge cover with screws, no neck cover.

A few condition factors-The nitro finish is soft by nature and the bridge cover sat on it awhile so it left a faint impression in a bit of the finish, also the e string tuner is slightly bent at the bottom of the clover part-i have never tried to straighten it out,it functions fine and is not noticeable really, but it is there. No other damage is on the bass or neck so I am not sure how this happened-maybe in shipping to me? anyways I am sure it could be bent back decently.

I am asking 1100$ shipped CONUS-paid in a fee free method.

Forgot to say=If you can pick it up locally and pay in cash , you will get a deep discount.

No trades unless its a Rickenbacker

001-72.

002-75.

003-68.

004-68.

005-64.

006-57.

007-54.

008-50.

SLIGHT BEND IN E TUNER
    010-39.

009-47.

011-35.

012-36.

2. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    Gorgeous, Wish I had the cash, this is one from my gas list and your killin me here.

For what's it's worth I've started a charity I think you would be interested in donating in.
    It's the GYBTOS foundation, were set up to help unfortunate people with severe gastric conditions.

GYBTOS is the acronym for (Give Your Bass To One Shot) Founded by the late Charles Ponzi circa 1945.
    Known in America as one of the countries most honest and respectable Italian immigrants.;):bag::ninja:

3. Im killing myself here, a beautiful bass I love is going to turn into numbers in a bank account, so i can buy boring things like plane tickets.

haha sounds like a great cause I am sure it would go to great use.

4. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    I just wanted to look at it again and give you a free bump.

Damn I wish I had the cash. I'm actually really shocked your letting this go with all the love you seemed to have for it.

Not sure I could part with a bass that played so well.

5. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    Thinking I might make a drive. What part of Oregon are you in?

6. It is super sweet-I am not wanting to let it go either-but as I said my plane ticket is 1800$, I wish I could do both but I can always buy a Jazz , I cant always go to Israel :)

Datsgor-I am in Albany Oregon, 20 miles from salem , 45 miles from Eugene, As I said there will be a deal for a local.

7. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    Man, I am 500 miles away......If I could make the trip to pick up your bass, there is a sweet amp in Lebanon too. Could be one heck of a trip! No dice though.

Good luck.

8. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    I'll drive over and pick it up from your doorstep IF you discount it $0.75 for each mile I drive round trip. :)

9. sounds like Id end up paying you ha

10. Metropolis_488

Metropolis_488 Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2006
    Central Virginia
    Any way you can get an exact weight instead of a guess?

11. I really like the wood grain....beautiful bass.

12. Sorry I dont have a scale.

Price drop: $1050, I am dropping the price due to the bent tuner.

13. soxhats

soxhats Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    GLWTS and also good luck with your travels. Sounds very exciting.

14. Thanks :)

bump

15. Sigh , this one hurts to sell-someone buy it before I neglect my ric and post it.

Any oregon locals wanna get a sweet deal and drop by my place to get it?

16. Metropolis_488

Metropolis_488 Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2006
    Central Virginia
    Where are you in Oregon?

17. Albany Oregon-thats 70 miles south of portland-straight down I-5......id carve a deep discount for someone picking it up locally and saving me the hassle of paypal and shipping.

18. jmattis

jmattis Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Washington DC
    Man, there was some dude who offered me a Ric for my Lakland 55-02 I have for sale here. I would have loved to have worked out a 3 way deal, but I deleted his pm. Bummer! If I can find him, I'll send you a pm (assuming you're still interested in the Ric).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.