1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender '62 AVS RI Jazz bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by giantjerk, Sep 1, 2008.

1. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    I’ve decided to sell my MIA 62's AV Reissue Jazz Bass, all I’m playing now is my Nash Jazz so this needs to go. The neck is dated May 1994 with a V09XXXX serial number on the neck plate. The Sunburt finish on body and neck is nitrocellulose with no wear. The body and pickguard only have very minor finish swirls and there is one ding on the lower back that is about the size of a pencil lead. The pickups sound great and it nails that vintage Fender Jazz Bass tone. The Fender molded hardshell case is included, it is missing one of the feet on the bottom. It has a newer set of roundwound strings on it and playability is excellent.

$900 plus shipping. I'm not interested in any trades at this time.

2. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    Two more

3. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    And two more

4. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    Ding on the back of the body and missing foot on the case

5. secombs

secombs

Oct 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    PM sent

6. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    What is the weight on that bad boy?

Great looking bass.

7. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    On hold for Seacombs.

Weight is just under 9 lbs.

8. bassman_al

bassman_al Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Fairfax, VA USA
    Just saw this thread and wanted people to know that Sean bought it here, then sold it to me, then missed it and went out and bought another. I'm having vague thoughts of selling it, but can't get myself to do it. Great bass.